Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 10:06 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your suppose to show him the do's and don'ts and most lanscaper don't get paid until the customer is satisfied. (never pay a landscaper in advance)
I tell them exactly what I want done - then they do whatever they feel like. In the case of the last yard mower, I was VERY specific, then when he did what he did he said he was finished, his mower was too old to cut what I wanted so he did other things instead, and expected to be paid for the whole job. Then there was the so-called electrician. I was very specific with him about what I wanted, too - what he did was not what I hired him to do, then when I questioned him about it, he said he wasn't licensed and couldn't DO what I wanted, but he still wanted to be paid for the time he spent (mostly talking to his firlfriend) at my house. Silly of me, but it just never occured to me that after telling them exactly what I want, I'd also have to watch every move they made as well.

I don't hire anyone anymore. If I can't do it myself, it just doesn't get done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
How much are you driving these days, EB?
Why's that?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Why's that?
Just curious since you said your work picks up in the summer. Tell your missus her adopted Uncle Don sez hello. He has been very ill lately.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Just curious since you said your work picks up in the summer. Tell your missus her adopted Uncle Don sez hello. He has been very ill lately.
I average about 300 to 400 miles a day, sometimes more and they are long grueling miles to say the least. But it's not the miles I'm paid for, it's a percentage of what the truck makes that I get paid for.
I'll let the misses know that Uncle "D" sez "Hello" and that he's not been well. You guys take care of your selves and I hope that your not getting this confounded heat that we're getting and if so, crank up the AC and stay inside. Be chilly Willy

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
I average about 300 to 400 miles a day, sometimes more and they are long grueling miles to say the least. But it's not the miles I'm paid for, it's a percentage of what the truck makes that I get paid for.
I'll let the misses know that Uncle "D" sez "Hello" and that he's not been well. You guys take care of your selves and I hope that your not getting this confounded heat that we're getting and if so, crank up the AC and stay inside. Be chilly Willy
Did you get caught in that heat wave back there?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
WOW! That would cost over $800.00 for my truck.

The last time I seen 800 $'s, I was handing it to an Insurance Agent.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 AM

Zucchini squash!! We have tons of it!

I fertilized the garden with Miracle-Gro just before the recent rains started.

Then I didn't check the garden for the past few days because of the rain and this morning I went out there and WOW! They are HUGE!

Made some oven-fried squash this morning. Want some?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Then I didn't check the garden for the past few days because of the rain and this morning I went out there and WOW! They are HUGE!

That looks like some larva.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:

You just have to do that, doncha?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That looks like some larva.
It is! Good larva always looks like zucchini squash with melted cheese on top! Hm, I wonder what larva pizza would taste like?

The bottom of the skillet turns it nice and brown, so I flip it when it's done and put cheese on top and put it back in the oven to allow it to melt all over it.

God, it is good. It was even better served with fresh tomatoes from the garden.

I think they're having that noodling festival this weekend in Pauls Valley, but the way the rivers are up, I would not count on it. It poured down today between Seminole and Holdenville. Strange weather for July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma