Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2024, 02:43 PM

231 posts, read 390,576 times

Advertisements

If you were close to retirement age and considering a move to Oklahoma, would you choose Ponca City or Bartlesville? Have family close by in each area and like the size of each town. Want to be close to shopping, medical, a library and volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 08:58 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Not a dime's worth of difference between the two towns, they mirror each other so closely and are just a county apart.

If I had to point out a few differences...

1) I think Ponca City represents it's history as a prosperous old oil town in a much grander fashion.

2) I think Bartlesville is slightly better in terms of natural environment with some hills in town and the Caney river.

3) Ponca City has a better layout. B'ville is kind of strange in how it has two distinct and separate sections.

4) B'ville is a quick jaunt and is almost exurban to Tulsa these days.

5) Ponca City has better access to OKC and Wichita.

6) B'ville has a college

7) B'ville has Woolaroc...

8) Ponca has a lake right on the edge of town and then Kaw reservoir another seven miles out.

I think both have a handful of good local dining establishments (more familiar with Ponca City) and a decent representation of national chains.

Both have good sized sections of town with leafy green, tree covered brick streets with vintage old homes. Edge to Ponca.

Old 04-06-2024, 09:13 PM

231 posts, read 390,576 times
Thank you!

Old 04-11-2024, 01:17 PM

8 posts, read 1,841 times
I've been to both towns and would easily go for Bartlesville. The city-data crime rate is somewhat lower there. The architecturally remarkable Community Center with it's huge auditorium is phenomenal for a town that size. Unlike Ponca City, Bartlesville has slowly been gaining in population since the 1990s. So it's dealing with loss of energy employment better. I would rather live in a small Oklahoma town that is actually growing in population, which is somewhat of a rarity these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma