Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,905 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know some thing about Wagoner, OK. What is Wagoner really like? Is it a big town? Rental prices? Thanks, Nana M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
I don't know much about Wagoner, except what I found on google. It's apparently a town of 7,700 people in Eastern Oklahoma, about 25 miles Southeast of Broken Arrow (a suburb of Tulsa). The rent would be as follows (from a website).

Bedrooms Bathrooms Rent Range Square Footage
1 1 - 1 $360 - 395 657 - 657
2 1 - 1 $399 - 495 830 - 830
3 2 - 2 $515 - 590 1132 - 1132

Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 PM

4 posts, read 12,807 times
Default I live in Wagoner

You can take a look at my new website which is [url=http://www.wagoneronline.net]HOME PAGE - WagonerOnline.Net[/url] where I have a little info about Wagoner, but not as much as I would like. You can also take a look at the chamber links that I have posted as well.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
It is a nice small town, but not real small. I really like it. They have a train that runs through historic downtown that I thought was nice, and they are restoring their old downtown. It is close to a lot of places like Muskogee, Tulsa and Tahlequah. I like Tahlequah better, so we moved here, but I really, really like Wagoner.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 AM

471 posts, read 825,006 times
Wagoner is a busy little town just north of Muskogee, and just west of Ft. Gibson Reservoir. Plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities, and friendly people of course.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 PM

9 posts, read 34,972 times
Default Wagoner

Wagoner America
"Gently resisting change sice 1896"

Wagoner was the first incorporated town in Indian Territory. We had the first privately funded schools in Oklahoma and we opened it to the public...anyone could come. We are a train town with two tracks running just about a block off our Historic Downtown. We got our name from a guy by the last name of Wagoner. He requested a switch for the Katy Railroad Co. to be placed where Wagoner now sits. When the switch was complete the railroad workers called their main office and told them "Wagoner's switch is done", hence our city's name.

Wagoner rests on Lake Ft. Gibson, a fairly large lake with plenty of areas for fishing, boating, swimming and camping. There are 2 resorts in Wagoner:
The Canebrake
[URL="http://www.thecanebrake.com/"]http://www.thecanebrake.com[/URL]
and Western Hills Lodge
[URL]http://www.oklahomaparks.com/detail.asp?id=1+5U+3610[/URL]

Wagoner Main Street Inc. has several members and have a lot of plans for our Historic Downtown. Presently myself and another lady are working to get Wagoner on the National Register of Historic Places as a historic district. This is a huge benefit to the town as a whole but mostly the busniess owners located in downtown.

another great source of info:

Ft. Gibson Lake Association
300 S Dewey Ave
Wagoner, OK 74467
918-485-4623
(an awesome visitors center at the juction of HWY 69 and HWY 51)

Old 07-11-2010, 01:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,226 times
Wagoner is okay except for the uniform restrictions for children 6th through 8th grade. The electric Company does not allow you to be one day late, even if your child uses a nebuliser for breathing treatments. It definitely has a in group.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,152 times
Default Wagoner Lif

Wagoner is a great little town. The only ones that I hear repeatedly complain are the ones who have never lived anywhere else. We do have a dress code at the local middle school but it has been updated the last couple of years. The kids still have to tuck in their shirts and can only wear t-shirts, Polo style shirts, or Henley shirts but there even seems to be some leeway on this as well and the shirts can't have logo's or advertisements on them. Jeans, capri's, and shorts to the knee are allowed as well as dresses and skirts at or below the knee. The town is generally a quite little burg. It is quickly becoming a "bedroom community" for Tulsa. The schools are top notch and the high school offers most AP classes as well as many activities you would find at a larger school. The town could use a few more "local" businesses and we would all love a "real" grocery store instead of just Walmart, although our local Fred's is doing what they can to provide an alternative to going into Walmart and they seem to be adding more and more as time goes by. I agree with the one person who says there seems to be an "in" crowd. I heard one conversation once when in essence was summed up with, "You wouldn't understand you weren't born here." The other one said, "But I've lived here for over 40 years." the response was, "But that doesn't count." So...it is a great little town. I don't want to move anywhere else, but like all other small town, we have our warts...it's just that in a small town...you know who/what they are. Hope you move here and have as great an experience here as I and my family have.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
Default Wagoner not good place to live

I actually live in Wagoner OK and wouldnt if I wasnt stuck with a 125,000 dollar mortgage. The Wagoner taxes are outrageous, all businesses here are over priced on everything. The city does there on water and electric which means most of the time are water is brown so dirty cant drink or bath with it. The electric cost are tremendously higher than any other electric company. They might be so called rebuilding the downtown portion of the city slowly but the neighbor hoods where people live are going to crap. There are so many abandoned houses in this town its not even funny. There are houses that never got finished built ones about to fall down cause of fires that happened years ago and then the ones that just sit empty for years and start to crumble down. No one seems to care bout this though. Are city officials like to advertise that this is a good city for people to retire in but with the crime going up that dont make any since to me. If you drive around wagoner you will see a lot of nice histroical houses but I guarentee you right around the conner there are houses on the last leg. This is a horrible place to live property values are just going to keep going down. If your thinking of moving to Wagoner OK and about it cause if you dont and move here anyways your going to

Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy4949 View Post
I actually live in Wagoner OK and wouldnt if I wasnt stuck with a 125,000 dollar mortgage. The Wagoner taxes are outrageous, all businesses here are over priced on everything. The city does there on water and electric which means most of the time are water is brown so dirty cant drink or bath with it. The electric cost are tremendously higher than any other electric company. They might be so called rebuilding the downtown portion of the city slowly but the neighbor hoods where people live are going to crap. There are so many abandoned houses in this town its not even funny. There are houses that never got finished built ones about to fall down cause of fires that happened years ago and then the ones that just sit empty for years and start to crumble down. No one seems to care bout this though. Are city officials like to advertise that this is a good city for people to retire in but with the crime going up that dont make any since to me. If you drive around wagoner you will see a lot of nice histroical houses but I guarentee you right around the conner there are houses on the last leg. This is a horrible place to live property values are just going to keep going down. If your thinking of moving to Wagoner OK and about it cause if you dont and move here anyways your going to
But city-data say Wagoner's population has grown by 8.5% since 2000. If Wagoner is such an awful overtaxed dump, then why the hell have so many people been moving there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma