U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 PM

11,878 posts, read 35,044,924 times

Advertisements

On my way up to Ok City this evening from Fort Worth, I stopped by Turner Falls in the Arbuckle Mountains and took a few shots.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,867,435 times
Really beautiful part of Oklahoma. When I lived in East Texas, a group would go up to camp and cycle the area. Not sure how far Sallisaw is from there, but worked up there a few months, very pretty and green also. Very hot and humid in summer of course!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Yes, it can get very hot and humid in the summer. Sallisaw is a good distance from the Arbuckles. Here are a few more shots.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 AM

77 posts, read 503,737 times
Great pics of the water falls-looks professional!- good photography and composition. I havent been there for a long time. Good time to take pics with all the rain. I have some great pics of Quartz lodge area and mountains- if anyone knows how to post pics please tell!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:59 AM

13,495 posts, read 35,582,065 times
Synopsis, absolutely beautiful!! If I remember correctly, that area is near Ardmore, right? We weren't that far west when we were in OK, but we regret not being able to stay there a day or two more. I can't believe how nice and green it is there already. Our trees are first starting to bud now. Does it stay that way all winter long in that area? Thank you for posting those.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 PM

Thanks Shad and Jammie for the nice comments. Shad, to post pictures, just sign up for a flickr account or some other free web hosting service. Then, once you've uploaded your pictures to that website, right-click on the picture (if you're using firefox web browser; I can't tell you in IE because I don't use it) and select "copy image location."
To post a picture in citydata, start a topic or reply to a topic and then select the little image icon (insert image). Paste (CTRL-V) the image location you copied from your website to the url space at the prompt. Then, click OK. Your image is linked and should be viewable to all. If you need more help, just PM me and I can provide you with more details. Jammie, that area is only about 10 miles North of Ardmore on I-35. It began to turn green a couple of weeks ago, and won't stay that way all winter long. Just like up North, the leaves will turn and then all fall off, just a tad later than in cold South Dakota!
Shad, I'm in OkC right now enjoying the best that Bricktown has to offer. I'm in the Bricktown Marriott, the Hornets are playing tonight, and the place rocks! OkC really has a lot going on.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:48 PM

77 posts, read 503,737 times
Synopsis- Thank you for the info. Have some fun. I hope Peja is going to play!Take a brisk walk through myriad gardens- really is pretty and refreshing. Enjoy your stay.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 PM

will do shad. Thanks for the tip. Bricktown is AWESOME!

Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 PM

450 posts, read 1,934,351 times
Really nice pics! You do have an artistic flair. Oklahoma really has some beautiful spots. I give you a thumbs up!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 PM

99 posts, read 478,940 times
Wowwwwwwwww ) These pics are just beautiful. I love waterfalls I will have to go see this area when we get moved out there .Thanks for sharing I really enjoy seeing more as you take them I would love to see some pics of Brick Town to :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma