Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times

Advertisements

Hit the yard sales. Between yard sales, thrift stores and the pile of stuff taken out of empty apartments in califorina, I furnished my house really cheap. Try the double high inflatable air beds for a bed. Really comfortable, lots of people use them all the time. As long as you don't have something with sharp claws around your fine.

We used to call the bugs sow bugs.

Welcome and enjoy your new adventure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 PM

297 posts, read 586,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Some tips BTF.

Top Ramen noodles, and box crates (for furniture); those things helped me to survive during my poorer years...

If I were in your vicinity, I would certainly be able to contribute to furnishing your apartment; we have WAY to much STUFF!

I would happily give you a boatload of stuff to furnish your apartment.
Oh, that would be wonderful. If I had a truck, I'd come down and see you! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Hit the yard sales. Between yard sales, thrift stores and the pile of stuff taken out of empty apartments in califorina, I furnished my house really cheap. Try the double high inflatable air beds for a bed. Really comfortable, lots of people use them all the time. As long as you don't have something with sharp claws around your fine.

We used to call the bugs sow bugs.

Welcome and enjoy your new adventure!

Money is not necessarily the problem, I just like to save money where I can, and other than the cleanliness of the furniture I'm not too picky about it. My main problem is I don't have any way to go pick it up...

Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Oh, that would be wonderful. If I had a truck, I'd come down and see you! LOL

Money is not necessarily the problem, I just like to save money where I can, and other than the cleanliness of the furniture I'm not too picky about it. My main problem is I don't have any way to go pick it up...
I understand that unforutnately. Glad I insisted on my stuff being hauled all this way when I moved. With the bed I mentioned its easy. They sell them at Walmart, some with pumps installed that you just plug in Just bring something to roll the box home.

Did you enjoy the special fireworks from nature tonight? Oklahoma personally has welcomed you.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I understand that unforutnately. Glad I insisted on my stuff being hauled all this way when I moved. With the bed I mentioned its easy. They sell them at Walmart, some with pumps installed that you just plug in Just bring something to roll the box home.

Did you enjoy the special fireworks from nature tonight? Oklahoma personally has welcomed you.

Oh, I brought my queen sized air mattress with me and have been sleeping on it. I'll be keeping it up for a while til I find a twin or full sized bed. I've decided against the futon. Mostly because I found the cutest little couch on craigslist and I really want it. Also, because I figured out a better way to set things up in here to get the most use out of what little space I have.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Well, I did enjoy the last part of it, after the Severe Storm warning was over and it was just thunder and lightning. It never got bad at all where I'm at, but I wouldn't have had anywhere but the tub to go if it did, so I was just slightly worried. It was really cool after that though - didn't see any fireworks, but the lightning show was close enough for me!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Oh, I brought my queen sized air mattress with me and have been sleeping on it. I'll be keeping it up for a while til I find a twin or full sized bed. I've decided against the futon. Mostly because I found the cutest little couch on craigslist and I really want it. Also, because I figured out a better way to set things up in here to get the most use out of what little space I have.
Futons, ugh... had one and had to offer it free to get it taken away. It was the kind with the iron bars. I even tried a sheet of wood and it didn't help. When you get the couch, if its a hideabed, make sure you try the matteress too. If it fails I've seen some reasonably priced new ones on ebay and such. LOL been sleeping on my couch while I paint the bedroom, sort of mural style. Can't WAIT to finish and air it out and get back to my bed.

And that storm... didn't get any of it here but you could see the giant black cloud and lightening. Now and then saw a hint of fireworks and couldn't tell if the booms were thunder or not. I remember the first storm was scary and by the third one was trying to take pics of the lightening without getting the camera wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma