Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It worked fine last summer. Maybe this generation has inherited some kind of protection from it. Phooey. Just bought a new can, too... One of my temporary screens blew off last night and I had about half a pound of dead June bugs all over the floor this morning. It's really icky when you walk on them barefooted and they crunch!
wae that barefoot in the dark?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-14-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 PM

This morning it looked like we were having an early Fall here,The hail hit so hard the ground was covered with green leaves.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:21 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
wae that barefoot in the dark?
Nope. But the floor is dark green ceramic tile. I wouldn't have seen them even if it had been white, though - one of the side benefits of not being able to see well. But it's far from the worst thing I've managed to find barefooted over the years. Puppies come to mind...

Old 05-15-2009, 10:49 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Nope. But the floor is dark green ceramic tile. I wouldn't have seen them even if it had been white, though - one of the side benefits of not being able to see well. But it's far from the worst thing I've managed to find barefooted over the years. Puppies come to mind...

BTDT eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This morning it looked like we were having an early Fall here,The hail hit so hard the ground was covered with green leaves.
You're not kidding!!! All over town is a MESS...but all in all we were lucky. In Lawton and near the Lawton/Duncan Y they had baseball sized hail.

Ours only got to quarter size, but it was big enough to ruin one of my bird feeders, shatter the driver's side mirror on J's BMW and destroy my "Hen and Chicks" plants. They look like someone took a weed-eater to them.

Upside?? The bird feeder that the hail busted had a Wasp's nest in it!! I never would have seen it...

Anadarko had an EF-2 tornado, but lucky for us the storm lessened by the time it got to us.

For Seabee and bjb: All but 5 cars at the La Quinta in Lawton had the glass shattered by orange sized hail!

Storms leave damage across Texoma - KSWO, Lawton, OK

Hailstorm damages vehicles in Lawton car lots - KSWO, Lawton, OK

Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
For Seabee and bjb: All but 5 cars at the La Quinta in Lawton had the glass shattered by orange sized hail!
Yheahh! Okie storms! On the prowl! I love extreme weather! Get DOWN! Mutha NaturH!

Okay. Calm down, redbird. Just be glad it wasn't my jalopy parked at La Quinta. Which happens to be our favorite place to stay. Can't beat that free continental breaky!

Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM

And it's back....... this time just a heavy thunder storm

Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I got most of the front yard mowed. The grass was two feet tall in some parts.

Glad I did because I knew this rain would make it even taller. Funny how fast the weeds grow compared to the grass!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
You all can have some of ours. I haven't been able to put in a full week of work because of the rain, you can't lay asphalt in the rain.

Maybe I need to put in a good word to the Creater and ask to only have it rain during the week and in only the late evening, especially during the pro-sports hours. Never on Saturday or Sunday , so we can enjoy our weekends.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:19 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I got most of the front yard mowed. The grass was two feet tall in some parts.

Glad I did because I knew this rain would make it even taller. Funny how fast the weeds grow compared to the grass!
In my yard, it all grows way too fast. The biggest difference between the grass and weeds is that the weeds tend to have thorns of one kind or another. Thinking really hard about a goat... maybe I could find a nanny that's fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma