Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,781 times

Advertisements

I have 10 acres of mineral rights land which will be up for leasing of oil and gas. Does anyone know what the going rate is now for leasing mineral rights in that area. We leased it 3 years ago for $150 per acre and have been told it should lease for much more currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 PM

7 posts, read 36,023 times
The Lierle lease price report for march to April states the average is $100 @12.5 to 18% royalty. Look at you lease and there are probably clauses for extension of the present lease. Nat gas prices are stil very low at 3.8mcf today

Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Don't count on getting any money out of the crooks. We have had land leased and they've been drilling on it for four years and I haven't seen a dime, although we've filed all of the appropriate paperwork with the county.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 13,111 times
Default more Hughes County

My family has been approached about selling minerals which is a no-go for us, but I assume there that may be some leasing activity in the area. Has anyone been approached recently about selling minerals in Hughes County?

I am really out of the loop about this and would like to get a better feel for what is going on Hughes County.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
I live in Hughes County, and awhile back I posted that while in the Hughes County clerks office, we saw people writing down every single landowner's name for some oil/gas company. There are many companies interested in buying/leasing mineral rights.

And there a lot of people who know a lot about the topic. But I am not one.

Although I am NOT an expert, I have seen similar questions appear so many times I actually made use of the "SEARCH" on my computer.

There are quite a few good resources for the general public who, like me, know next to nothing on leasing/selling mineral rights.

Royalty and Mineral Rights Issues: A Q&A with Bill Sinclair

MineralPlace.com - Creating transparency through technology for oil and gas mineral rights owners.

NARO OKLAHOMA

There are many others, including Oklahoma Corporation Commission-Home which have a lot of good info.

Enjoy the reading.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 AM

Don't count on getting any money. These people are crooks and will drill on your land and not pay you a single, solitary dime!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 AM

491 posts, read 1,475,451 times
Have they been actively drilling for four years, Syn? Or have they been exploring? Are you sure they are finding anything? I know there are a lot of crooks in the business but there are a lot of good companies that do pay.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:46 PM

178 posts, read 489,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciganka View Post
My family has been approached about selling minerals which is a no-go for us, but I assume there that may be some leasing activity in the area. Has anyone been approached recently about selling minerals in Hughes County?

I am really out of the loop about this and would like to get a better feel for what is going on Hughes County.

Thanks
They've been after our mineral rights for about 3 or 4 years now, but we won't sell. The last offer we got was $3000 acre.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
Have they been actively drilling for four years, Syn? Or have they been exploring? Are you sure they are finding anything? I know there are a lot of crooks in the business but there are a lot of good companies that do pay.

They've been drilling HeatherDawn. It's all a sham. I have not seen one dime of money from these crooks. They can go to HELL as far as I am concerned.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 13,111 times
Thanks for sharing the information. During my EXTENSIVE GOOGLE research, I came across this forum and realized that it would provide an opportunity to see people on the ground in Hughes County could tell me about the offers floating around. Many years ago, I was one of those people in the courthouse searching records for mineral rights.

Synopsis, these companies are regulated by the Corporation Commission. If they are pumping oil or gas out of your land, they have to register this and there are records that can be checked. If you can give me a legal description, I will be more than happy to do an online search for you. They may have drilled dry holes?

I really appreciate this little group of mineral owners and I will contribute what I can. I live overseas for now so I am completely out of the loop as to offers going around, so this is helpful to me and I will do what research I can online to help anyone that I can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma