Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 PM

48 posts, read 125,709 times

Advertisements

I LOVE OKLAHOMA!!! Ive been there several times and love it! The weather, the scenery, the nice people! I would love to call that area home. But I'm havng a bit of difficulty finding a decent job in the area. I'm a mid-level professional, and I'm registered on Monster, CareerBuilder and America's Job Bank, and have applied for jobs that fit my background, but I have yet to receive a response. How is the job market in the area, and what other resources should I look into? Any help I get is greatly appreciated
I'm thinking about Tulsa, or OKC
Thanks again everyone! Hope to be a OKlahoma resident real soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 03:41 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Turpentine,
Send me a PM with some of your specifics and I might be able to steer you in the right direction. The company I work for (out of Oklahoma) is always hiring, and they are good, professional jobs that pay very well and have great benefits (there's not even an insurance premium; 100% paid by the company). I certainly can't promise anything other than to steer you in the right direction, but being a former continuous job-searcher I have a lot of experience.
Cheers,

Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Can I PM you too? I have a friend who just moved here.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Sure! Like I said, I can't promise anything, but it certainly won't hurt.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:34 PM

35 posts, read 127,754 times
I applied at newsok.com website and received some responses. Might need to go temp to hire. Office Team, Olsten, and Account Temps hire professionals.

Be sure to be positive in the interviews and sell yourself.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,740 times
Default relocating to oklahoma city

I am planing to relocate in oklahoma city next Fall, since my husband will start a new job there I am currently living in new york and is a little septical about what to expect from this move. we have 2 kids 9 and 4 do not have any idea of where to start. can anyone give us some hints?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 PM

99 posts, read 504,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpentine View Post
I LOVE OKLAHOMA!!! Ive been there several times and love it! The weather, the scenery, the nice people! I would love to call that area home. But I'm havng a bit of difficulty finding a decent job in the area. I'm a mid-level professional, and I'm registered on Monster, CareerBuilder and America's Job Bank, and have applied for jobs that fit my background, but I have yet to receive a response. How is the job market in the area, and what other resources should I look into? Any help I get is greatly appreciated
I'm thinking about Tulsa, or OKC
Thanks again everyone! Hope to be a OKlahoma resident real soon
I hope you find a Great job and can move soon We are from Ca. and moving to Tulsa area in June we went to Tulsa in Sep. and Loved it we have been in Ca. are whole lives but want to retire early and want to get away from all the high cost of living here so we put home on the market were buying in Broken Arrow .Best to you and your move as well .Where are you from ? if you don't mind me asking

Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM

7 posts, read 57,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folo View Post
I am planing to relocate in oklahoma city next Fall, since my husband will start a new job there I am currently living in new york and is a little septical about what to expect from this move. we have 2 kids 9 and 4 do not have any idea of where to start. can anyone give us some hints?
Winters are mild. Fall is the best time I can think of to arrive in Oklahoma, it give you some time to adjust before the oppressive heat of summer arrives. Oklahoma isn't a bad place to raise kids, the public schools leave a little to be desired, but in general, not a bad place.

Me, I'm thinking of moving back to Utah now that my daughters are grown, for the low humidity and the mountains. I miss my mountains.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Winters are mild. Fall is the best time I can think of to arrive in Oklahoma, it give you some time to adjust before the oppressive heat of summer arrives. Oklahoma isn't a bad place to raise kids, the public schools leave a little to be desired, but in general, not a bad place.

Me, I'm thinking of moving back to Utah now that my daughters are grown, for the low humidity and the mountains. I miss my mountains.
Utah is certainly a beautiful state and can't fault you there. I'm actually living in Texas and thinking of moving up into eastern oklahoma after our daughter is grown, which is a few years away. Texas is a GREAT state and has been home for the last twenty years but I'd like to return to Oklahoma someday.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
I live in OKC and everyone loves the attractions/events/energy that happens here all the time. Soo many venues. The civic center- considered one of the best in the region will be hosting Seinfeld soon(along w/many others) and I got tickets!yeah!- If that gives you an idea of what OKC brings to the table. Just wondering- is tulsa on the menu?(being so close to OKC you would think they could pull him in-BUT the performing art center.. well....doesnt quite match the civic center(lol). Anyone that DOESNT LIVE IN OKC does not KNOW the city. So if you want advice on okc then PM. I lived in Breckenridge for a long time- needless to say I know what mountains are.- But I am not bothered with okc topography at all- its just a lot of fun. If you have an adventurous spirit- I would choose okc. If you want to raise a family then tulsa(you can still drive to okc for major events)-good luck on your move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma