Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
There is no consensus among the "experts" that spending our way of a recession is the best way to handle it. And a lot of Americans who are footing the bill for this idea are not in sync with it. They have the right to be heard.

I totally agree. The intense spending is more hurtful than helpful, in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
They have the right to be heard.
Of course they do, but before they shoot off their mouth they need to make sure it is loaded with facts, not talking points from loser politicians.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,807 times
[[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Debbie, if you can't attend, there are plenty of other ways to help out. Spreading the word is our biggest need, and we have so little cash (how about none at this point other than what our volunteers pay out of our own pockets) that any help would be appreciated. We ordered 1,000 pocket size constitutions today, which my wife and I will pay for till the fundraising catches up. We will give them away at the event, with donations accepted if anyone wants to help replenish the stock for the next event, most likely the 9-12 event.[/SIZE]

Need address. Amazes me how the "spenders in congress" do not think we are grass root. I heard they say we are turf grass. Hope your tea party does well. Stilllwater is where my children live. Stayed there after college. I'll mention to them about your tea party. I was at the McAlester one on tax day and it was pretty decent. The main problem will be not getting any exposure from the media. They stay away because they are in the tank for the present administration which is over spending. Can you imagine the bill our grandkids will have getting us out of debt. Not to mention us soon. There is no way only the rich are going to be paying for this.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Let me ask again ...... what is the alternative?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Let me ask again ...... what is the alternative?
I think the alternative idea is to reduce spending rather than borrow our way out of this.

I'm no expert, and don't pretend to be. It appears that GP has a lot of knowledge in this area.

However, there will always be people with differing opinions and they have the right to have their voices heard.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Of course they do, but before they shoot off their mouth they need to make sure it is loaded with facts, not talking points from loser politicians.
Some things just don't "feel" right and it's our privilege as free people to voice our opinion. We don't have to be an expert to believe something just isn't right.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think the alternative idea is to reduce spending rather than borrow our way out of this.

I'm no expert, and don't pretend to be. It appears that GP has a lot of knowledge in this area.

However, there will always be people with differing opinions and they have the right to have their voices heard.
Meouw

None of us have the knowledge. If we did, we would be having a high placed position in Washington.

All we are saying is: if one doesn't think the current course is right, come up with an alternative. Just saying :"reduce spending" ain't gonna cut it.

While I am all for the Wall Street "bail-out" (which, incidentally was a loan) because if we hadn't, the world economy would have tanked even more, I did not agree with the GM bail-out because that was merely to satisfy the unions.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Which is why the Great Depression lasted as long as it did. Because the government exacerbated the meltdown by melting down along with it.

Quote:
One would hope though, that feelings would take a back seat to facts. And that when one does not have the knowledge to make an informed decision one will make an effort to acquire that knowledge before attempting to influence those whose job it is to reach a solution.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I think the alternative idea is to reduce spending.............
Lets cut the military budget. That will save trillions. Or are you going to cut education, or health care, or food stamps? If you are going to propose a plan, then tell us where you would cut and where you would spend.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Which is why the Great Depression lasted as long as it did. Because the government exacerbated the meltdown by melting down along with it.

One would hope though, that feelings would take a back seat to facts. And that when one does not have the knowledge to make an informed decision one will make an effort to acquire that knowledge before attempting to influence those whose job it is to reach a solution.

Regardless if we agree or disagree that certain people have the knowledge to make an informed decision, the people have the right to have their voice heard GP, much the same as people who vote.

Who is the "decider" (to use Dubya speak), that determines who has or doesn't have the knowledge of which you speak?

My only argument here is that people have the right to speak their mind, whether one agrees if they are enlightened or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma