Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:48 PM

297 posts, read 586,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Did you say your car was a Saturn?

The older vehicles had a pin hole out side the key slot on on the base of the ignition. You could stick a peice of wire in the pin hole and pull out the ignition/key switch.
The later vehicle's (90's and up) have a "ring" with a tab on 2 sides that works like a wing nut and screws around the outer base of the switch.

See if the switch is loose,

This is what Saturn ignition switches look like when removed from the colomn.

#2 is the "lock cylinder" type

Which one does yours look like, maybe I can finded you some trouble shooting information online

Hey MK... what's the site you found where I might order one of those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM

142 posts, read 346,025 times
Default I still have not made it

BTF,glad you survived your first week and I hope your happy. All you missed in Maine is 30 days of rain. We are down to the smidgons for hay.

This was supposed to be my week to come but the place I was going to stay was going to charge $150 a night at a geust ranch. I am not a city slicker looking for a ranch experience. I know how to muck stalls etc. $1500 for 10 days to work for someone,I don'think so....All I wanted was to work somewhere to see if I could actually deal with the heat and snakes. I can't live in a place if I'm afraid to go to my own wood pile or hay. My CT time for work also got in the way,just did not have enough time to pull it off. Next step save CT time,find a cheaper place to stay and come in september.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:27 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Hey MK... what's the site you found where I might order one of those?
This may be for the wrong model.......if so, you can change it,

AutoZone.com | | Ignition Switch | IGNITION SWITCH

Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Sadly, that's not the part I need. They don't have the cylinder and keys for my car. The part, cut to my VIN# (so it will work with my locks, too) is 191.49 anyway, from the dealer, plus I'd have to tow it back here and find someone who could do it cheaper. I think I'm just gonna have the dealership do it tomorrow, as much as I hate to. It would be a lot more work, to maybe save a few bucks. Probably not worth the hassle or the wait.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Sadly, that's not the part I need. They don't have the cylinder and keys for my car. The part, cut to my VIN# (so it will work with my locks, too) is 191.49 anyway, from the dealer, plus I'd have to tow it back here and find someone who could do it cheaper. I think I'm just gonna have the dealership do it tomorrow, as much as I hate to. It would be a lot more work, to maybe save a few bucks. Probably not worth the hassle or the wait.
That switch is for the Saturn SL, every model has a different switch. That's something that I just found out,

You should read what I DMed you when you get a chance.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
cant you find one in a salvage and get tumblers changed? Maybe pull the tumblers and not use a key? just make sure you lock it when you get out........

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Pretty sure I'm getting a new car. F this.

I still have to get the cylinder fixed though, or it's pretty much no use to anyone and I won't get jack for a trade.

RRRRRRRRROOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR.....

Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM

If anyone hears of any specials on vehicles could you please let me know?

I heard about one at the Hyundai dealership nearby over the weekend, but apparently it's over.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
If anyone hears of any specials on vehicles could you please let me know?

I heard about one at the Hyundai dealership nearby over the weekend, but apparently it's over.
New or used? We just bought a new one yesterday.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Um, either really. I don't have a TON of money to work with, but that deal I heard was for an 08 or 09 at less than 6k... which I could have done.

That's cool! What did you get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma