U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,636 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I may be moving to the Poteau area in the next few months and I'm looking for input as far as housing, real estate agents and any other input. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM

25 posts, read 108,774 times
Default Poteau information

Depending where you are moving from the Housing in this area is very affordable rent ranges from 350 up to 750. There are plenty decent older homes for around 45k. There are several decent contractors around for new home construction. As far as real-estate agents we have several professionals in the area to choose from. The area in general is very nice for outdoor activities hiking, horse riding trails, excellent Fishing and Hunting. Located about 35 miles NE Fort SmithArkansas provides all the big city shopping and restaurants u could want. For more detailed information feel free to message me any time.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 5,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis mclain View Post
Depending where you are moving from the Housing in this area is very affordable rent ranges from 350 up to 750. There are plenty decent older homes for around 45k. There are several decent contractors around for new home construction. As far as real-estate agents we have several professionals in the area to choose from. The area in general is very nice for outdoor activities hiking, horse riding trails, excellent Fishing and Hunting. Located about 35 miles NE Fort SmithArkansas provides all the big city shopping and restaurants u could want. For more detailed information feel free to message me any time.

I am trying to find anything out that i can about the area.. My husband and I are trying to find a place there .. rent..... buy anything we need a change of scenery and in west texas if it isnt dirt or a drillin rig it aint here!!! lol

Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Location: Where deer are milk cows and hoot owls are chickens and near where Big Foot is occasionally seen.
104 posts, read 373,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancywiggum View Post
Hi all. I may be moving to the Poteau area in the next few months and I'm looking for input as far as housing, real estate agents and any other input. Thanks.
Try: Poteau Oklahoma Real Estate - Homes, Farms, Ranches & Land

Ask for Darali.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM

13,495 posts, read 35,984,561 times
//www.city-data.com/city/Poteau-Oklahoma.html

You may be able to find a bit of info on there. We drove down to Poteau. It's got beautiful scenery around it.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 PM

5,514 posts, read 8,791,900 times
I spent many holidays and summers over in the Poteau area. Holds a special place in my heart.

Best of luck in your move.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,661 times
Hi, I'm looking for a family that may still live in Poteau. It's the Wheat Family. Bill and Glenda are their names. Does anyone know if they still live there? If so my email is ksut3@yahoo.com Thanks

Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,107,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksphin View Post
If so my email is ksut3@yahoo.com Thanks
If not, what's your email?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 AM

14,076 posts, read 19,492,859 times
Don't forget to pronounce it right when you get there or the locals will look at you funny.

It's Po-do, with a long O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>