Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:24 AM

368 posts, read 635,988 times

Advertisements

cottonwood trees are allergic to their own cotton,and will breath heavily trying to get oxygen,i even heard one sneeze once,that why their leaves flutter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM

44 posts, read 64,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Okay guys. I got up one morning at dawn and went outside and I heard loud heavy breathing in my tree. I called the dog and she came running but the sound quit and she didn't seem interested in the tree. Is there a bird that makes this type of breathing sound? My first thought before I heard where it was coming from was Big Foot, but no stink. My other friend said, Chupracobra. LOL. Tell me what kind of animal makes a breathing sound that is very, very, very loud.
Peeping Tom?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,303,286 times
Years ago when we were living in the country in CA i reported a sound that we heard in the night. It was just this: Unk. Unk. Unk. Never knew what it was but someone who lived in that area thought it was a baby owl. I may never know.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,902 times
Alright so I was out in my garage at about 2 am and I heard a intense very very very loud exhales right outside of the window 5 feet away from me what in the hell could this be it wasn't small because the breathing was face level to me and I'm 6'1 I got goose bumps and got my gun went outside and nothin, and if this helping knowing what it is I live in west missouri

Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 AM

2 posts, read 1,902 times
Alright so I was out in my garage at about 2 am and I heard a intense very very very loud exhales right outside of the window 5 feet away from me what in the hell could this be it wasn't small because the breathing was face level to me and I'm 6'1 I got goose bumps and got my gun went outside and nothin, and if this helping knowing what it is I live in west missouri

Old 06-16-2019, 03:08 PM

4,160 posts, read 2,524,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I wasn't anywhere around there.........
Lol, good one!

Old 06-16-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodi1 View Post
Ok, me again from Zimbabwe, after several days of trying to 'stake out' the heavy breather in my intercom at my gate or in my yard, finally I found out to my delight as to who the feathery culprit is. He or she is, one and a half almost two foot tall, light brown in complexion with a beautiful white face with two saucer like eyes for hearing you better with and if I am not mistaken, is a Barn Owl, obviously breathing heavily to attract a mate one would think as am sure they don't suffer from asthma, although one would think they did if one heard how heavily he or she was breathing. Anyhow, good to know my yard is not infested with intruders, but a very beautiful Barn Owl.
Thanks for the possible lead. I will look it up. I live out in the country in the PNW, the drier eastern side. Several nights ago I heard very heavy breathing outside my bathroom window around 12 midnight. I was in the living room on the computer. First I turned off the music, then I held my breath to see if it was me, lol. Nope, it wasn't me. It scared the daylights out of me. The cat heard it too, and stared at the back half of the ground level apt where it was coming from. When I turned on the porch light, and looked out the window there was nothing there. I've been here 1 1/2 yrs, and never heard it before. No trees close by to hide in. It sounded like it was right outside the bathroom window. Last year I did hear some owls hooting at night. And coyotes howling. The deer that visit are very quiet. Lots of tiny frogs. But the area does have mountain lions, bears, wolves, and who knows what else.

We are very close to wilderness so it could be anything. Last year around the same time of year I heard a blood curdling scream outside my bedroom window. It sounded like someone getting murdered. I had no idea what it was, so searched for scary animal sounds in the night, and found it right away. Here is what this creature sounds like in case you ever hear it at night you will be a little less terrified. The comments are funny too. The scream of the red fox.

https://youtu.be/zk1mAd77Hr4

--------------------------------

Old 06-17-2019, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 446 times
How can I find out if a current felon is wanted and how do I report his residency?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo33 View Post
How can I find out if a current felon is wanted and how do I report his residency?
You should start your own thread on this topic as nobody will find it here since it's a different subject.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 2,599 times
Wow this sounds strange. We are no longer in the age of dark magic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma