Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times

Advertisements

We are spending some time in Ardmore where we are teaching a few appraisal classes. We parked the camper at Martins landing on Lake Murray ... fantastic place.

While we have most of our meals in, we had breakfast out a few times and Greg and the students had lunch out.

Best breakfast place: The Prairie Kitchen. This is a small chain with a restaurant in Ardmore, Ada and Marietta. I had the ham and eggs ..... HUGE ham steak of excellent quality. Hashbrowns were nice and crispy. Chicken fried stead FANTASTIC! Even the coffee was to my liking, which is rare because nobody ever makes it strong enough.

Second best place: forgot the name (GP will remind me) but it is in an old drive-in restaurant.

Chicken fried and gravy VERY good, as was the ham and cheese omelet. Coffee sucks though.

Mexican restaurant on Main Street (again, Greg will have to remind me of the name) ...... excellent buffet.

Old fashioned sandwich shop, also on Main Street with home made bread and other items made from scratch. Will check on the name this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
You just looove to torture me, don't you?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:34 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
the old drive in? Baldwin's. Big thick slice of tenderized beef (I cut it with the fork) hand breaded and fried crispy served with peppered white gravy, eggs over easy, crisp and fully cooked (not dried out and tough) shredded potatoes. A great way to start a lazy day (you might need a nap after breakfast) or enough to get you through to the afternoon.

the Mexican place? Romo's btw, they have the best chicarrones I've had in Oklahoma. they rank right up there with the ones we used to get in Santa Fe. Their lunch buffet is decent, but the enchiladas, burritos, etc are way too mild. although they do have fresh chipotles that will raise a sweat.

the sandwich shop (about 200 W Main) is the Pop Shop......an old fashioned soda fountain type place with incredible sandwiches. I had their french dip, and it was several slices of really tender roast beef on a home made fresh baked hogie roll. One of the women in class had their chicken salad sandwich, really big chunks of chicken in a sauce (not just mayo) on hand sliced home made wheat bread. One of the guys had the BLT. a dozen slices of bacon on hand sliced, fresh made bread....he said the tomatoes tasted fresh picked. A really nice friendly place, although a little on the high priced side, the freshness and quality makes it worth it.

We found a used bookstore there on Main, so Schousse could get restocked with reading material. that too was a great place....they held the store open an extra 30 minutes so we could finish browsing.

Over all I think Ardmore is a really nice town. If I was to live in a town this one would make my short list.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 PM

113 posts, read 86,909 times
I travel through Ardmore often but never stop. I will definitely take notes on your reviews and thank you for taking the time to make this known. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma