Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM

46 posts, read 163,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I disagree.....I've lived here three years. Been through the end of a drought, one of the wettest years ever, tornado damage one mile north of us, tornado damage one mile south of us, funnel cloud directly over our house, sleet storm, a couple ice storms, and a tropical storm!

Almost forgot about this, I lived in Edmond during that bad ice storm in the winter of '07, I coudn't get out of my neighborhood for 2 days and didn't go to school/work for almost a week!

Also came up to Edmond to visit this last winter. I got into town in the afternoon of February 10th. Ya'll remember that? I have pictures somewhere, I'll dig them up and put them somewhere where everyone can see later.

Anyways, Abe2111, you'll enjoy yourself in OKC, just KEEP AN OPEN MIND!! Great places to go: Tuesday nights at SKKY bar in Bricktown is 3 dollar-you-call-its, and no cover. and anyplace you here of around Northwest Expressway is gonna be good. (Ednas, Sidecar, Speakeasy, Belle Isle Brewery, just to name a few). All real trendy places, I had some of the best times of my life bar-hoppin in and around OKC. I'm sure you'll have fun, just make sure you have a DD!!! You don't want to get yourself and especially not your A.F. friend in any trouble!!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 01:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I disagree.....I've lived here three years. Been through the end of a drought, one of the wettest years ever, tornado damage one mile north of us, tornado damage one mile south of us, funnel cloud directly over our house, sleet storm, a couple ice storms, and a tropical storm!
There's always exceptions to the rules. It's been nearly 20 years since a tornado touched down within Stillwater.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
I had a friend in college who was from New York. This was in Manhattan, KS, which had a population of about 40,000 with an additional 18K students. We both got along great and enjoyed the break from the big city life. Anyone can adapt to anywhere as long as they accept that it's NOT SUPPOSED to be like NYC/L.A/ or whereever. Also, there is a greater diversity in small cities with a Division IA university than in your average small city/town.

I remember walking home from college one day and took a short cut through an alley. Something I would never do in my neighborhood in SE Los Angeles. I also remember people in KS pulling up to convenience stores and leaving their cars running while they ran inside the store....something you also do not see in bigger cities.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,285 times
I just moved here from the california meltdown and i find the small town mentality refreshing after living in such a sick environment for almost two decades. Its taken some getting used to the 'red dirt' that clings to everything and i have yet to find any kind of decent fun (that means anything at all) night life. But its a slower pace and i just plain feel healthier spiritually, mentally and more relaxed. The weather is one of those "don't like the weather wait a little while it will change" kinda things but that seems to be happening everywhere nowadays. But overall Oklahomans are alot freindlier and nicer than i was expecting and is a welcome change. Come expecting to be pleasantly surprised. They are freindly but not quick to trust an outsider, take your time get to know folks and you'll feel right at home. This is the heartland of America, the original 'baseball, hotdogs and apple pie' country. You'll see American flags in peoples yards and places of business not the disconnected arena of a big city. Lots of muddy pickup trucks and minivans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma