Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I want you to show me a list of sh*tty jobs no American will do, why they refuse to do these jobs and where you get your source of information!

Insulting fellow Americans and Oklahomans with unproven, nonfactual, information doesn't bother you one bit does it!?
First of all, I am not a "fellow American". I am an Alien Resident.

I am also a business owner and employer. I cannot tell you how many American workers have been proven unreliable and how many Aliens have worked their tushes off for me. Incidentally, I pay a living wage ... not minimum wage.

Quote:
I want to see the statistics that prove this!
There are no statistics for this yet ... too soon. However, statistics don't always prove anything as it much depends on how the questions are asked.

Before the law that made it illegal to aid or employ undocumented workers, any subdivision under construction was buzzing with activity. The day after the law was passed, not only did most of that new construction stop, but several of the mexican stores closed down and there was an over supply of rental properties in certain areas of the cities in this state.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I don't know how Tulsa operates, and I really don't care.

Tell me this:
Is that what your main concern about illegal immigration is? What YOU can get out of them and not the consequences and what the rest of the taxpayers effected are going/gone through because of their being in this country illegaly?
Why don't you tell us why you think taxpayers are burdened by illegals??

Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Why don't you tell us why you think taxpayers are burdened by illegals??
you'll get it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
you'll get it.
I don't understand.......what will she get?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
I guess what this foreign business owner/employer is trying to say is that having a few hard working illegals in their company out of a large group of illegals across the nation that drain the public education system and hospitals, drive down the cost of labor, bring increased violent crime and disease into the USA, and send most of their income back into their home countries is a GOOD thing??? Thank God for the state of Oklahoma, which keeps attitudes like the one mentioned above from prevailing.
May other states follow Oklahoma's example.

Last edited by catfishing; 12-14-2009 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM

62 posts, read 219,072 times
Quote:
"An update from Oklahoma "

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 (had a few liberals in the mix), an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values!....HB 1330
Wow - how proud you must be. That this fine state is engaging in the very sort of act that the founding fathers wanted to move away from. Seperation of church and state anyone? Not here in Oklahoma.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillywhite View Post
Wow - how proud you must be. That this fine state is engaging in the very sort of act that the founding fathers wanted to move away from. Seperation of church and state anyone? Not here in Oklahoma.
During the time of the founding fathers, posting the 10 Commandments in front of or in the court building was common throughout the land. If seeing the 10 Commandments offends you, there are 49 other states you could live in or visit.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 PM

778 posts, read 2,322,787 times
Oh jeez....

You should think twice about celebrating the ineptitude of our awful legislature. They just passed a bunch of toothless laws that are either unenforceable (soverign law, pretty sure everything is covered by the 10th amendment) or ones certain to be overturned. I'm pretty sure the courts have already had there say with 10 commandments rulings. And what jurisdiction does a state have over immigration, a federal issue? But what does it matter, I'm just a lowly taxpapayer who is quite used to seeing his tax dollars saddle up lawyers to defend this stuff all the while reimbursing some of the highest paid legislators in the nation.

To the OP, I'm assuming you're no fan of Obama and his policies. Fair enough. I would only wish that our great representatives would spend half that time on making crappy laws to spite "libruls" in DC as they do planning our now sinking budget a little better, fixing roads, funding education, or trying to reform this state's archiac tax structure. But I guess its more important to get your politcal pot shot in.

I try not to pay attention to the news here in OKC when the legislature is in session because it will just be a painful reminder of all thats wrong with this state

Old 12-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I guess what this foreign business owner/employer is trying to say is that having a few hard working illegals in his company out of a large group of illegals across the nation that drain the public education system and hospitals, drive down the cost of labor, bring increased violent crime and disease into the USA, and send most of their income back into their home countries is a GOOD thing??? Thank God for the state of Oklahoma, which keeps attitudes like the one mentioned above from prevailing.
May other states follow Oklahoma's example.
You are aware that illegal workers more often than not use SS cards, right? They are fake, but taxes are withheld and sent in to the Feds and the State based on that SS number.

Now, those people with the fake SS cannot get any of the money back out through unemployment, disability etc. Which means that their taxes are all being used to support the school systems and hospitals. Unlike millions of Americans who drain the system by being on welfare and breeding like rabbits.

And exactly how do they bring disease and an increase of violent crimes to this country????

Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
During the time of the founding fathers, posting the 10 Commandments in front of or in the court building was common throughout the land. If seeing the 10 Commandments offends you, there are 49 other states you could live in or visit.
During the time of the founding fathers slavery was prevalent and women were chattel.

Some of us have evolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma