Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times

Advertisements

Nita, I totally understand what you're saying. We're not nit picky either, but we'll probably pass on the Shangri-La. Congrats on your long marriage!!! You're about 15 yrs. ahead of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 01:22 AM

82 posts, read 276,378 times
Default The Peninsula

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
No doubt Shangri La failed to offer near as many amenites as its visitors expected. If The Peninsula doesn't come through with all the amenities planned, it can't expect to do much better. I found one site where the developer claims that state support seriously lacks and could result in the decision to cut back on some of the amenities described in their devlopment plans. If that occurs, I can't imagine it could hope to do any better than the resort it is supposed to be replacing. 70 condo units ranging in price from $375,000 to $459,000 plus 150 motel rooms should have a lot of impact on the tourism as well as real estate prices but not a single real estate agent I've spoken to believes that will be the case. That leads me to believe that The Penisula will have to greatly improve upon what was there AND the local real estate agents aren't convinced that is going to happen. They must know something we don't or they won't believe it til it happens.
A realtor responded recently to confirm the feeling I got from others who wouldn't spell it out for me. He said that the tribe has made many big plans in the past, first for Shangri La and now The Pensisula, and consistently fails to follow thru. They'll believe it when they see it.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
I sure hope this works out for tourism it will be great for the state. I know it would get me up there to visit and maybe buy a boat on the lake. The state should be slapped around for not helping with the funding.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Nita, I totally understand what you're saying. We're not nit picky either, but we'll probably pass on the Shangri-La. Congrats on your long marriage!!! You're about 15 yrs. ahead of us.
I hate to break this to you, but that 15 years goes by faster than you will ever know. The time will come when you will say, Holy cow (or something a little stronger) where did the last 25 years go?

I remember too well our 25th anniversary.

Nita

Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hate to break this to you, but that 15 years goes by faster than you will ever know. The time will come when you will say, Holy cow (or something a little stronger) where did the last 25 years go?

I remember too well our 25th anniversary.

Nita
Yes, it's scary, isn't it? I remember waiting for the day that I was a teen, then of course waiting to turn 16 and on and on. Now it's like, "You mean it's my birthday AGAIN?"

Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 AM

82 posts, read 276,378 times
I live on Monkey island but fail to drive a bit further down the road to check out Shangri-la. The vet told me she knows the new owner and that the place is closed, only the golf course open which is owned by someone else/wasn't part of the sale. I guess I'll take a drive on out there and see what's shakin! I read much negative about Shangri-la also but it all seemed to be about a lack of amenities. Nope, not a Vegas resort and if that's what people are looking for, I don't know if it can be done by anyone. It isn't Vegas. Not even a Laughlin. More similar to a Pahrump if you happen to know that cowtown outside vegas!! That's not a put-down, just a perspective on things. Every walk of life lives here and many generations of poverty right alongside middle class and the million dollar homes. Side by side which is odd and interesting, and personally, as much as I hate trailers, especially those that are in such poor repair, I like that it is the extreme opposite of cookie-cutter homes in so many areas. If the Peninsula can attract buyers for the high priced condos though, amenities will follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma