U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM

13 posts, read 20,867 times

Advertisements

Ok, I found a job in Norman, and I am VERY soon moving to OK. I am married with 5 kids, ages 17 months to the oldest who is 16. It's killing me because I am moving there first. Anyplace from 6 months to maybe just over a year on my own. I'll be missing the family life. I was thinking of maybe living in Moore. Not too sure yet. Can anyone tell me what there is for a 45 year old guy to do? I'm not talking bars or partying. But, parks, historic sites, forests, lakes, car shows (I'm a car nut, have a 49 Chevy I hope to bring out there). And maybe a few suggestions for a place to live? Apartments, mobile homes or home shares? Thanks....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM

533 posts, read 1,638,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoOK View Post
Ok, I found a job in Norman, and I am VERY soon moving to OK. I am married with 5 kids, ages 17 months to the oldest who is 16. It's killing me because I am moving there first. Anyplace from 6 months to maybe just over a year on my own. I'll be missing the family life. I was thinking of maybe living in Moore. Not too sure yet. Can anyone tell me what there is for a 45 year old guy to do? I'm not talking bars or partying. But, parks, historic sites, forests, lakes, car shows (I'm a car nut, have a 49 Chevy I hope to bring out there). And maybe a few suggestions for a place to live? Apartments, mobile homes or home shares? Thanks....
There's a big bicycle club that used to ride in Moore every Saturday morning. I used to watch them start out at near Telephone Road and SW 19th. I know there are clubs in Norman, too.

There's a runners group that was running on Saturday mornings. I used to see them in Starbucks in Moore near that same intersection. There was a 5K run sponsored by the Moore Alumni Association last fall about the time school started. There are groups in Norman, too, as well as the Brookhaven run.

I know several people in Moore who are big time car guys. I know they often have rides but I don't know exactly how to find out about them. I'll try to ask around for you.

The apartments at SW 19th and Santa Fe in Moore on the golf course is really nice to me. But there's a 3 month waiting list.

Best wishes.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:40 PM

118 posts, read 276,813 times
Norman is great College town I live here, moving to Tecumseh, OK. Mother-in-law died deeded her house to us, Good school in Norman, Museum's, Lake Thunderbird, lots of bike routes, theres a number of old cars around, but traffic seems to be getting heavy here. Lots of Apartments, and House's for rent, lots of house's for sale too, not hard to find a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma