U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,572 posts, read 3,899,606 times
Reputation: 2414

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Native Indian.
NDN=Native American
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,513 posts, read 8,584,054 times
Reputation: 3208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
que pasa hermanos......beinvenidos...........

I thinnk the only racism you will find here is that racism you bring with you............gotta remember, everyone here is NDN.......and proud of it. We all have brown skinned kin. The most you will be asked is what nation are you from.........
>>>>>
gotta remember, everyone here is NDN.......and proud of it
<<<<<

Amen, Friend!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 07:17 AM
 
Location: OKLAHOMA
1,789 posts, read 4,000,081 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Yeah I agree that a lot of people may dislike Obama because of his politics, but when you hear him call the N$##er President it is hard for me to believe its not racist.

Luckly, I've never heard that in my neck of the woods or I would defend against that type of language. Of course Bush was called some pretty scary names too so I guess people are people and do not think before they speak.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 AM
 
5 posts, read 6,776 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeter View Post
Hello,

Thanks for reply. My idea for moving to Oklahoma came to mind when I started reading the Bible again. I wanted to move to Tulsa so I can attend ORU but I have several places that my current employer can transfer me to: Stillwater, Norman, and Tulsa. The reason for me wanting to stay between Tulsa and OKC is so I can find another job in either of the big cities. What do you think?

I am republican, half latino and half white but most people say I look full latino. People also say that I look like Lou Diamond Phillips and Peter North (porno actor) rolled into one! I voted for "W" and McCain and I do NOT like the democrat point of view, it is perverted.
You will fit right in if you think the democratic view is perverted, but I want you to know that the Christians here are very racist although they won't admit it. As are the republicans and democrats. whatever. At least in Tulsa you may find some that are not. The reason people don't like Obama is because he is half black. Period.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
 
Location: OKLAHOMA
1,789 posts, read 4,000,081 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowbark View Post
You will fit right in if you think the democratic view is perverted, but I want you to know that the Christians here are very racist although they won't admit it. As are the republicans and democrats. whatever. At least in Tulsa you may find some that are not. The reason people don't like Obama is because he is half black. Period.


Why do you say things like that? You must hang out with a rough crowd. I do get out and wonder around the streets and never hear that kind of stuff. Maybe Oklahoma voted for McCain but probably because of politics period. Now I live in a rather democratic area and some of my best friends voted for Obama and some for McCain. The ones that voted for mcCain did not do so because of his being white but because they were republican. Are you saying if a republican didn't vote for Obama it was because they are racist? You need to lighten up!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Edmond, OK
4,033 posts, read 10,053,842 times
Reputation: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Why do you say things like that? You must hang out with a rough crowd. I do get out and wonder around the streets and never hear that kind of stuff. Maybe Oklahoma voted for McCain but probably because of politics period. Now I live in a rather democratic area and some of my best friends voted for Obama and some for McCain. The ones that voted for mcCain did not do so because of his being white but because they were republican. Are you saying if a republican didn't vote for Obama it was because they are racist? You need to lighten up!
Well said debbie.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
f_m
 
2,289 posts, read 7,951,499 times
Reputation: 877
Here is the Census Bureau's data, you can look at the state and then different cities.

Norman (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

I recently read this article and it's about students in the more Hispanic part of OKC. I thought it was interesting since the Wall Street Journal doesn't normally write about school kids in OKC.

The Difference School Can Make - WSJ.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
 
498 posts, read 1,510,266 times
Reputation: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowbark View Post
You will fit right in if you think the democratic view is perverted, but I want you to know that the Christians here are very racist although they won't admit it. As are the republicans and democrats. whatever. At least in Tulsa you may find some that are not. The reason people don't like Obama is because he is half black. Period.
No. People don't like obama because there is no accountability for his actions thanks to the media. He has been in campaign mode since taking office. Our deficit continues to grow, and he is offering no solution to that very problem.

What you just posted is the very reason this country is NOT ready for a black president. Not because of prejudice, but because of trigger-happy defensive behavior, and the media is a huge part of that behavior.

Most christians in Oklahoma are not racist. They are kind, loving people that do not buy into this double standard idea of how people should embrace diversity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,572 posts, read 3,899,606 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
No. People don't like obama because there is no accountability for his actions thanks to the media. He has been in campaign mode since taking office. Our deficit continues to grow, and he is offering no solution to that very problem.

What you just posted is the very reason this country is NOT ready for a black president. Not because of prejudice, but because of trigger-happy defensive behavior, and the media is a huge part of that behavior.

Most christians in Oklahoma are not racist. They are kind, loving people that do not buy into this double standard idea of how people should embrace diversity.
I agree that most Christians are not racist, but here in Oklahoma there are a lot of religious people that are down right hateful. IMO there is a difference between Christians and Religious people. The Religious folks love using the Bible as a weapon. These are folks like Westbro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS, Sally Kern, Mike Ritz....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
27,293 posts, read 17,937,222 times
Reputation: 8404
Yes, it's scary there's always enough people for Sally Kern to elect her.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top