U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM

30 posts, read 110,883 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

Where should I live, Moore or Norman? What are the good and bad areas of these two cities? I am looking for a one bedroom house for under $450. I will be working downtown and yes I know Moore is closer.

-Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM

27 posts, read 44,966 times
My gut reaction is: live in Norman and bypass Moore--there are fewer tornados. Actually, they are both nice towns. Norman is a college town with lots of good people watching and good people. Moore is full of nice people, but has less of a well established identity since it is a bedroom community for OKC. The commute is not that much different either way. Maybe an extra 15 minutes if coming in from Norman.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieTex View Post
My gut reaction is: live in Norman and bypass Moore--there are fewer tornados. Actually, they are both nice towns. Norman is a college town with lots of good people watching and good people. Moore is full of nice people, but has less of a well established identity since it is a bedroom community for OKC. The commute is not that much different either way. Maybe an extra 15 minutes if coming in from Norman.
People watching - ehh. You mean hot chicks - right????

My main concern is safety from other people. I don't want gangsters staring me down, drug addicts scoping me out, section 8 people living next door or in the same apartment complex.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM

27 posts, read 44,966 times
Where in the world are you coming from?! Oklahoma is not like that normally, unless you really work at finding the unsavory parts. Check out the neighborhood, talk to potential neighbors, and ask the police about any area crimes before you sign a lease. You'll quickly determine which spots are for you.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 PM

21 posts, read 44,447 times
I just moved to Norman and absolutely love it. I am coming from Memphis, TN, so it is totally a different atmosphere for the better. I don't really think there is any bad part of Norman. Any crime they have it is nothing compared to Memphis! LOL

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieTex View Post
Where in the world are you coming from?! Oklahoma is not like that normally, unless you really work at finding the unsavory parts. Check out the neighborhood, talk to potential neighbors, and ask the police about any area crimes before you sign a lease. You'll quickly determine which spots are for you.
Thanks. I was trying to avoid staying in a motel while I apartment hunt. This is why I am asking these questions. But I am sure I have to do that in order to be sure of living in a safe area.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEHR View Post
I just moved to Norman and absolutely love it. I am coming from Memphis, TN, so it is totally a different atmosphere for the better. I don't really think there is any bad part of Norman. Any crime they have it is nothing compared to Memphis! LOL
Thanks for the post. Why did you move to Norman and not Moore?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 AM

533 posts, read 1,633,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeter View Post
Thanks. I was trying to avoid staying in a motel while I apartment hunt. This is why I am asking these questions. But I am sure I have to do that in order to be sure of living in a safe area.
There's a Value Place just south of Indian Hills on the east side of I-35 - Value Place may be the name. Might be a good place while you are looking.

In Moore on SW 19th Street and Santa Fe there are two apartment complexes around a golf course. See apartment homes in moore, oklahoma
But there is usually a pretty good waiting list for these.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
There's a Value Place just south of Indian Hills on the east side of I-35 - Value Place may be the name. Might be a good place while you are looking.

In Moore on SW 19th Street and Santa Fe there are two apartment complexes around a golf course. See apartment homes in moore, oklahoma
But there is usually a pretty good waiting list for these.
Thanks.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM

4,033 posts, read 10,212,186 times
Norman is larger than Moore, and because it's a college town, there's always stuff going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma