Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM

30 posts, read 37,636 times

Advertisements

If somebody else is using the same arguments, it sounds like there is somebody else with the same complaints. It isn't me, and the mods can do a usermap search on my IP to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahole View Post
it sounds like there is somebody else with the same complaints.
So multiple people have shown up, registered new accounts, posted their gripes, and then several other noobies have come along to back up those claims?

That's plausible.

Quote:
It isn't me, and the mods can do a usermap search on my IP to prove it.
Easy to get around with WiFi and Proxies.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So multiple people have shown up, registered new accounts, posted their gripes, and then several other noobies have come along to back up those claims?

That's plausible.

Easy to get around with WiFi and Proxies.
Fantastic. Please stop posting in this thread because you're disrupting the original topic.

True about the proxies and wireless, but really, that's too much work to do simply to post on this forum with my first account.

Do you have anything to contribute to the topic? Trust me, this is my only account here, and I'm tired of having to back that up. I'm not going to bother anymore, so unless you have anything to say that isn't griping about me, I'll just ignore you.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Do you have anything to contribute to the topic? Trust me, this is my only account here, and I'm tired of having to back that up. I'm not going to bother anymore, so unless you have anything to say that isn't griping about me, I'll just ignore you.
Sure, I'll be happy to engage you on any topic when you stop trolling. Until then, this is what you get.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,010,754 times
I would say registering your username as "Omahole" is a bit too much work too. If you go out of your way to simply gripe about one town then you clearly have a problem.

I am completely open for honest debate and Omaha is far from perfect. The reality is though NO town is perfect and no matter how much one person loves a city another will hate it equally.

And you're not here to have any rational discussion. You're here to dismiss an entire metro area of about 900K as being ignorant, boring and lacking depth. Really? And those in say LA or Houston or Atlanta or freaking Chicago display a deeper intellect?

Grow up. And when you get two doctorates then come back and tell me how I lack intellect and depth. Until then move along and try to do something productive.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM

I don't live everywhere else, I live in Omaha. Hence, I'm going to complain about the problems it has. Get it?

What would a tourist do if they came here? Go to the zoo, and drive around to look at the ugly John Doe statues? Maybe Joslyn too, but that's about it.

For having almost a million people, not much goes on here. It is like there is a huge creative sink in this area where the "best" that comes out here is garbage like 311 and Bright Eyes, musically speaking. Just look at the wikipedia list of famous Nebraskans, most of them of any note moved out of the area except for Warren Buffet.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,194,490 times
Wow..

Your only option was McDonalds? We do have nine fortune 1000 companies headquartered here (5 fortune 500). It's called getting an education.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Wow..

Your only option was McDonalds? We do have nine fortune 1000 companies headquartered here (5 fortune 500). It's called getting an education.
Great. Except my idea of life isn't getting in debt from student loans for 10 years or so!

I have tech/computer skills, but that's so brutally, ridiculously cutthroat thanks to employers, that I have hardly any chance of even getting my foot in the door.

And I absolutely refuse to work in office environments anymore. I temped them, I hated them, and I hated the miserable people who always seemed to rise to the top.

Whatever, this country as a whole is going to go down the drain because all we have are nonsense service jobs and we don't actually produce anything other than hamburgers.

Interesting thing to note about office jobs: while employers frown on smoking, smokers have better social skills than the non smokers, as a general rule of thumb. I think places like EDIT OUT: LARGE CORPORATION IN DOWNTOWN (which demanded more work from temps than anywhere else and also paid the least) crack down on smoking to keep people's hearts constantly beating in an existential crisis, to quickly break down their will and create soulless yes-men to the machine.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,194,490 times
Quote:
Great. Except my idea of life isn't getting in debt from student loans for 10 years or so!

I have tech/computer skills, but that's so brutally, ridiculously cutthroat thanks to employers, that I have hardly any chance of even getting my foot in the door.

And I absolutely refuse to work in office environments anymore. I temped them, I hated them, and I hated the miserable people who always seemed to rise to the top.

Whatever, this country as a whole is going to go down the drain because all we have are nonsense service jobs and we don't actually produce anything other than hamburgers.

Interesting thing to note about office jobs: while employers frown on smoking, smokers have better social skills than the non smokers, as a general rule of thumb. I think places like gallup (which demanded more work from temps than anywhere else and also paid the least) crack down on smoking to keep people's hearts constantly beating in an existential crisis, to quickly break down their will and create soulless yes-men to the machine.
I've got a BS of Science in Information Technology. It will not take me very long to pay off the debt.

If you don't have money, you can go to a CC and then apply for a four year university.

I've used tuition reimbursement from my job and only have had to accumulate 6,000 in tution.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
I've got a BS of Science in Information Technology. It will not take me very long to pay off the debt.

If you don't have money, you can go to a CC and then apply for a four year university.

I've used tuition reimbursement from my job and only have had to accumulate 6,000 in tution.
Know anywhere in the area that has linux jobs that don't require a degree? I was hoping for something either like what Google does (but that's only temping) or some level 1 sysadmin job, really anything to get my foot in the door, but there's nothing I can find online.

Though maybe I need to see if there's an associates in something I can do :/, but no clue how to get the money and I don't know much about how the grant/loan process works. I want to avoid debt as much as possible.

Either way, I dropped out of college so I could move out of my insane parents' house and have some autonomy, but I got laid off and now am stuck with them again and it really sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha