Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
billie, that is equally wrong. But, trumpeting the odd incident in West O isn't the answer.
I know, but I am fed up with racists in west omaha just getting a Chris Matthews like thrill up their leg when something bad happens in north or south omaha

it is wrong to gloat over what happens in west omaha, but I dont see many west omaha folks condemning the bigots in their part of town

and btw, to be fair, i dont see many in north omaha doing much to speak out on the violence or rat out the bad guys.

north omaha folks need to start snitching to stop the violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM

325 posts, read 963,415 times
I guess the reason I even responded to this thread is that I have a view of this forum as being informative rather than an open forum for chatter and silly debate. I've used "city-data" specifically for that reason when traveling to visit a city and also when trying to determine the viability for a city/area for purchasing our retirement home. So, I'm sensitive to the "bar room" boasting and blather that I see.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
trumpeting the odd incident in West O isn't the answer.
I agree. Granted Happygolucky is nothing but a caricature, but sometimes he needs to be remained that West Omaha isn't the crime free Utopia he makes it sound.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:43 PM

152 posts, read 365,019 times
Let's be serious here. This incident was that of a dad protecting his daughter from an online predator. Now he used poor judgement and fired a gun in public, but who really got in more trouble? The pedophile who lured away the young daughter or the father? And what's the difference between this incident and what goes on in South O -- North O ? There were two arrests, because witnesses called the police and cooperated.

Bad things do happen in West Omaha. They just happen less frequently than in South O or North O.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:15 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,026 times
actually, bad things happen pretty equally across the city, it's just that violent crimes are more common in the east, while identity theft and the like is more prevalent in the west.

here's video of the chase from OPD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDBt...eature=channel

Old 08-14-2010, 11:19 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

north omaha folks need to start snitching to stop the violence.
no, they need to start REPORTING. Snitching is what a criminal does to lessen his penalties, Reporting is what concerned citizens do to protect their community.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 PM

306 posts, read 714,562 times
This store has just been a crime hot spot lately. I used to work across the street from there when I was in college. I'm glad I don't know - it's unsafe :

Lewd Conduct In Walmart Parking Lot

Quote:
A Waterloo, Nebraska woman was just finishing up her grocery shopping last Monday afternoon at Walmart on 182nd and Wright streets and headed to her car when she noticed a man driving behind her slowly in the parking lot.

The man, described as wearing a blue t-shirt and no pants drove past her and said "You are hot."

According to police, the woman continued on and loaded her groceries in her SUV, then headed to take the cart to the corral. On her way back to her vehicle, she noticed the man had parked right next to her. While she was getting inside the vehicle the suspect said to her "Hey baby look" and touched his private parts.
The woman drove off and the suspect followed her until she turned off of West Center Road on to 156th Street.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:07 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
it is the most dangerous walmart in the city right now. I am afraid to even be in that part of town.

I think it is time to assume that since Millard West is a mile away from that walmart that MW is automatically a bad school by association

(if people can use the omaha north is guilty crap cause of stuff that happens 3 or 4 miles away from the school, than MW can be blamed for whatever happens at 180th and center wal-mart

Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
Is omaha a bad place?? I have not been there. I thought it would be a country rural place

Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Is omaha a bad place?? I have not been there. I thought it would be a country rural place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: