Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM

216 posts, read 951,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You can use the "Birds Eye" view in Bing Maps, or Street View in Google Maps, to get a bit of a virtual tour of Omaha. You can do this for the VA hospital as well. Just use "42nd and Center" instead of their 4101 Woolworth Avenue address as that will put you right over the major intersection and Bing is better about recognizing that. As you'll see, that's a pretty urban area.

Historical Fact: That large building on the southeast corner of 42nd and Center is the old Center Mall. It's pretty much just office space now, but it is semi-officially the first indoor mall built in America.
The Center Mall was a hit when it was built. In the 70's I got caught too many times sliding down the center of the escalators. They put metal strips down, but we'd just hop over them. It was a hang out for kids that went to Norris. Thanks for the links, I'll have a look at them. No to Timothy McVeigh being from Omaha . The area & location for a view is good. I grew up near that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM

306 posts, read 714,377 times
Omaha in my opinion is the Midwest's best kept secret. It has all the hustle and bustle of a large city but still has a down to earth, readable personality to it.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,253 times
I have a young daughter and live in Millard, there are a great number of activities she participates in that keeps me busy - we drive downtown for the theater or any other cultural activity. We moved back from New York and right now, this is the ideal city for us. If you are single and moving in from a large, lively city with tons to do, omaha might be unbearably boring for you. And the weather...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: