Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 PM

27 posts, read 108,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
they have the express 92 which goes to 180th and dodge.

I would prefer some regular routes for west omaha, like the 64 idea

We want Omaha MAT bus to implement this "Route 64" for Northwest Omaha. | Facebook

or that route 12 idea that busguy mentioned and had a schedule
6 days a week like Route 1 and only ran between Oakview Mall and Westroads.
I guess the main point I was trying to make was, you can't have an express bus downtown, if it just drops people off downtown with no way to get around. The downtown light rail system is a must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 03:51 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaMac View Post
I guess the main point I was trying to make was, you can't have an express bus downtown, if it just drops people off downtown with no way to get around. The downtown light rail system is a must.
Legs. Walking in Downtown isn't hard and downtown isn't that big.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Legs. Walking in Downtown isn't hard and downtown isn't that big.
Lol, downtown to the airport walking? Cmon.

How nice would it be to be from West Omaha and be able to take mass transit all the way to the airport.

If your gonna use "legs" i guess I'll use "bike" then to replace every single bus route in town.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times
Quote:

How nice would it be to be from West Omaha and be able to take mass transit all the way to the airport.

If your gonna use "legs" i guess I'll use "bike" then to replace every single bus route in town.

Omaha Metro demands u walk on weekends to the airport cause they wont allow the 16 route run on weekends

Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:

I thought you actually meant Downtown. The Airport isn't downtown, it is near downtown. Downtown to me is the riverfront to I-480 and Cuming to Leavenworth. With those proportions, Metro has all of downtown covered. Metro has a weekday rush-hour bus route from downtown to North Omaha, with a stop at Eppley.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM

Also OmahaMac, how would you like the "Blue" light rail route?

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-lrt-ideas.jpg

Old 08-25-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:

Is that actually a proposed route? I really like it, though I don't see the point of it curving back around to North Expwy, it should stop at the airport, unless the plan is to integrate it even further into neighborhoods.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:54 PM

In the study for the Beltway around Omaha, all of those routes were in a map of Light rail alternatives to the Beltway, I just made a couple changes, including some on the Blue route. The differences between the Beltway alternative and this one that I drew up is that the Beltway Alt. route goes to 204 and Dodge, mine rides along the UP Railroad tracks past 166th, to utilize the already available rail right of way, that would be cheaper to build. Mine also serves the Metro Westroads Transit Center and the extention from the Airport to 30th and Ames is to serve the Metro North Omaha Transit Center, as well as to stimulate development slong storz expressway.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 AM

5 posts, read 19,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaha View Post
I disagree, I think if it was available and efficient, I think people will use it whether they own a car or not. I live in NW Omaha, and if there was a bus route that ran from 132nd and Fort or Maple to Downtown, I would utilize it instead of driving my own car and spend twice as much on gas money.
Available and efficient are the antithesis of public transportation in any city. You can have "available" but "efficient" belongs nowhere in the vocabulary of anything preceded by the word "public".

Old 09-03-2010, 06:21 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
Quote:

I like the red route! It runs almost next to my house in south O!!!! Someday perhaps . Just hope they allow bicycles on the light rail when we do get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha