U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM

624 posts, read 1,166,615 times

Advertisements

Over 30 people on Route 30 around noon today.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,796,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Over 30 people on Route 30 around noon today.
saw over 10 folks on the 4 bus I took going east from westroads at 9:30 p.m. last night

there was about 15 on the 4 bus going west to westroads I took (went to movies last night)

(and this was around 5:00 p.m. I got on the bus. the 4 bus btw arrived at westroads and became the 22 at about 5:45 or so.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM

have been on the 2 and 3 and 4 buses on weekdays and weekends last few weeks and they are packed.

and yet Curt Simon and METRO bus has no intention of creating new bus routes. more bus service, not less is needed now

Old 10-18-2011, 05:05 PM

nothing is going to change routes wise. it is all just for show. the routes need to be improved.

the transit center being good dont mean squat if there isnt better bus service

I btw wouldnt hold my breath on a regular bus route down west maple road between 102nd and 168th

(I am being a realist saying 168th though a west maple non-express route to 204th/maple route would be nice

still waiting for a regular bus route between westroads and oakview also

Omaha Gets Federal Funds For New Transit System
$2.2 Million To Come From Transportation Dept.

Read more: Omaha Gets Federal Funds For New Transit System - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/29518095/detail.html#ixzz1bAp9i4Ra - broken link)

============================================

Grant for new bus transit center
Omaha's bus system is getting $2.2 million in federal transportation funds to help pay for construction of a transit center at the future mixed-use development on the Crossroads Mall site.

Curt Simon, executive director of Metro transit, said Monday that plans for the transit center, while preliminary at best, would make it a hub for at least six bus lines, including two of the city's busiest routes: from downtown to the Westroads Mall hub and from downtown to north Omaha.

Currently, people often change buses just past the mall, along 76th Street, which Simon said is satisfactory but not ideal.

There are about 4 million boardings of Metro buses annually. In 2010, there were 1.2 million boardings of Crossroads hub buses.

The grant is part of $928 million in new funding for transit systems from the U.S. Department of Transportation.

An estimate of the total cost of a new transit center at the Crossroads has not been determined.

"A lot is going to depend on the new Crossroads development," Simon said. "What we'd like to do is be part of the discussion of that entire redevelopment."

more... Grant for new bus transit center - Omaha.com

btw: having the 13 run on sunday to crossroads like it does on saturday would also be a improvement that needs to happen regarding the new crossroads transit center

http://ometro.com/bus-system/bus-routes/beltway-south

having the 16 run on saturdays or sundays at same times like it does mon-fri. (every 45 min. would be nice too)

http://ometro.com/bus-system/bus-rou...aha-north-16th

Old 10-18-2011, 05:26 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,932,078 times
This transit center will be a HUGE upgrade over the current on at 76th. It will do a ton to help encourage new riders.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
This transit center will be a HUGE upgrade over the current on at 76th. It will do a ton to help encourage new riders.
I agree. I liked the old TC one at where the target area is at now at years ago. I remember it was similar to the one that is now at westroads.

some new routes out west would also do a ton to help encourage new riders

Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,932,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I agree. I liked the old TC one at where the target area is at now at years ago. I remember it was similar to the one that is now at westroads.

some new routes out west would also do a ton to help encourage new riders
I am really hoping they do something amazing with this one. Like heated, WiFi maybe some sort of coffee shop? With Crossroads being redone it seems like a big opportunity.

And I think you will be waiting a while for new routes out west. It would be nice, but doesn't seem to be in their plans right now.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I am really hoping they do something amazing with this one. Like heated, WiFi maybe some sort of coffee shop? With Crossroads being redone it seems like a big opportunity.

And I think you will be waiting a while for new routes out west. It would be nice, but doesn't seem to be in their plans right now.

I know. I think the route between oakview and westroads should happen first before the west dodge/west maple routes happen.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 PM

624 posts, read 1,166,615 times
This is good to know... isn't a two years notice a little much? This won't be done untill UV is. Hopefully by then, we will have automated stop announcements on the bus and real-time arrival information at the TC's. I would expect Wifi-it's at Westroads and a couple others. Hopefully they will go the extra mile and have an enclosed heated and AC'd waiting/information room at Crossroads TC. It's been a while since there's been a reliable transfer spot in the Crossroads area-I'll be excited when it comes to life.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
This is good to know... isn't a two years notice a little much? This won't be done untill UV is. Hopefully by then, we will have automated stop announcements on the bus and real-time arrival information at the TC's. I would expect Wifi-it's at Westroads and a couple others. Hopefully they will go the extra mile and have an enclosed heated and AC'd waiting/information room at Crossroads TC. It's been a while since there's been a reliable transfer spot in the Crossroads area-I'll be excited when it comes to life.

having it like south omaha's would be nice.

the ones at mid-town and north omaha TC are a joke

both need to be upgraded. especially North Omaha's which is a bit laughable. I take the 3 or 5 or 18 bus routes that go to or stop (in 18's case) briefly at NOTC and it needs a upgrade.

the one at benson park is okay, at least you are near bakers supermarket and subway and pepper jax if you got wait a while and are hungry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha