Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I dont think so. westroads is doing way better than crossroads or oakview.

you have the movie theatre and cheesecake factory and the sporting goods store

all stuff the other malls never had.

Never say never. Crossroads had it's hayday. The folks back then would have never thought it would be a ghostown now. Remember Target and Dillards's were supposed to keep the Crossroads on the map for the next 25 years.

The Macraroni Grill shut down a year or so ago... sitting emtpy.

Dick's Sporting Goods is about ready to shut down, you cannot tell me they make any kinds of numbers in sales to keep it going the way they are.

JC Penny's clothing stock is on clearence 75% of the year..... just a matter of time.

Now you have gang bangers, shootings, and shoplitfers running over cops. The rest of Omaha is starting to wonder if it is safe anymore to even go there.

I stick to safe Cabela's and Village Point thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 12:20 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times
darn gang bangers and others ruining east of 120th street.

those who cant make it out west cause of our impotent bus system is losing everything cause of a few punks.

the reason westroads maybe doing bad is cause of the Obama/Pelosi runned govt. who is running our economy into the toilet

Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 PM

262 posts, read 1,026,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Now you have gang bangers, shootings, and shoplitfers running over cops. The rest of Omaha is starting to wonder if it is safe anymore to even go there.

I stick to safe Cabela's and Village Point thank you very much.
That's pretty rich...the Westroads are right by some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Omaha. You have Regency, and a bunch of other well-to-do Westside neighborhoods to the immediate southeast. My Grandma lives just outside of Regency (between 96th and Pacific and 90th and Dodge), and a common occurrence in her neighborhood is for somebody to buy a $250,000+ house, tear the whole thing down and build a new one in its place. That area isn't going to have any problem supporting the Westroads, especially when Village Pointe doesn't offer a lot that the Westroads doesn't.

Shooting rampages can happen anywhere...so can shoplifting.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:31 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighusker View Post
That's pretty rich...the Westroads are right by some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Omaha. You have Regency, and a bunch of other well-to-do Westside neighborhoods to the immediate southeast. My Grandma lives just outside of Regency (between 96th and Pacific and 90th and Dodge), and a common occurrence in her neighborhood is for somebody to buy a $250,000+ house, tear the whole thing down and build a new one in its place. That area isn't going to have any problem supporting the Westroads, especially when Village Pointe doesn't offer a lot that the Westroads doesn't.

Shooting rampages can happen anywhere...so can shoplifting.

When you have roaches or mice move into a brand new house they will detroy it over time. The Crossroads is an empty hulk because of the mice and roaches have moved in. Now THEY are moving in to the Westraods.

So what if Regency is right next door.
Regnecy is not the neighborhood it used to be. 30 years ago it was the shiznit, not now.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM

175 posts, read 441,913 times
I only go to Crossroads now for Target maybe a couple times a year and victoria's secret since it's closer to my house then the others. As for Westroads, it has the stuff to stay alive for the next 20 years, good layout location, etc..

Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 PM

380 posts, read 1,000,581 times
I can remember going there as a "special treat" when I was a kid. I grew up in Council Bluffs and used to go to Mall Of The Bluffs. But back in the late 80's and 90's Crossroads was rockin! As a special treat we would skip the local mall and drive "all the way" to Omaha's Crossroads. Man....who would have thought it would turn out like this. How sad!

Remember that mall that was downtown CB? I don't recall the name. I remember taking Broadway east until the road curved left and then just a little bit further it was on the right hand side of the road. There was a Orange Julius in there that made the BEST OJ's!!!! :-) ahh....memories.... lol

Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGuy1979 View Post
Remember that mall that was downtown CB? I don't recall the name. I remember taking Broadway east until the road curved left and then just a little bit further it was on the right hand side of the road. There was a Orange Julius in there that made the BEST OJ's!!!! :-) ahh....memories.... lol
Omni Centre. It's still there, but only a business mall now. I actually just brought this up in the theater thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I remember Indian Hills. That place was cool. The way it was demolished was pretty shady too from what I can remember.

The only significant movie theater in Council Bluffs was the old drive-in down in the South End. The only other theaters in Council Bluffs were at the Mall of the Bluffs (nice, but neither historically or culturally significant really) and the one at the Omni Center Mall, which was basically crap.

Bing Maps

OmniCentre- Home Page - Omni Centre - Professional Business Campus in the Heart of Council Bluffs, Iowa

Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Looks like the Omni Centre was originally called Midlands Mall.

//www.city-data.com/forum/15877403-post7.html

Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Looks like the Omni Centre was originally called Midlands Mall.

//www.city-data.com/forum/15877403-post7.html

YES!! Midlands Mall, that was it!! In the 80's that's where my family went to go shopping. I forgot that was what it was called.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,570 times
Dead malls are sad! Especially with the location of this one. I just moved to town recently and had not visited it yet, now I guess I won't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha