Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,635 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me why we have to watch stories on the local news telling people to lock your cars and not to leave items in plain view at the CWS.

Even with the CWS going this is the best WOWT can do with a 6:00 lead story.

Why is this news worthy?

IF your stupid enough to leave your car unlocked and leave things inside to possibly get stolen.....well I hope you get broke into.

What is next a story from OFD, "don't play with matches" as a lead story on WOWT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,635 times
Oh here is one they can run with...........Don't eat your Zesto's to fast....you might get a cold tooth headacke, run with that Mike MCKnight.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
Omaha TV News

has reported on channel 6 and it's bad reporting for years

the omaha world herald and wowt and to some extent ketv treat omahans like they are stupid.

the local media in omaha is a joke

Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
My anti-theft device is to drive an old piece of crap that nobody wants to steal, and have nothing of value in it.

I don't lock my doors. There's no point.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
My anti-theft device is to drive an old piece of crap that nobody wants to steal, and have nothing of value in it.

I don't lock my doors. There's no point.
My anti-theft device: I don't own a car or drive one. No one can steal what I don't have.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Can someone tell me why we have to watch stories on the local news telling people to lock your cars and not to leave items in plain view at the CWS.

Why is this news worthy?

IF your stupid enough to leave your car unlocked and leave things inside to possibly get stolen.....well I hope you get broke into.

What is next a story from OFD, "don't play with matches" as a lead story on WOWT.
I guess if you leave your car unlocked and someone steals something you can't really say it was broken into, you could say, the person was invited to help him or herself..

Nita

Old 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post

Why is this news worthy?

Sadly, there are people stupid enough that they need the media to remind them of this.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM

152 posts, read 364,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Omaha TV News

the omaha world herald and wowt and to some extent ketv treat omahans like they are stupid.

You know, I used to think this about KETV whenever Julie Cornell was reading the news. Her voice inflections always sounded to me like she was reading from a storybook to a bunch of 4 year-olds.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess if you leave your car unlocked and someone steals something you can't really say it was broken into, you could say, the person was invited to help him or herself..

Nita
The problem with locking your car is that if somebody wants what's in it, they'll just break the window. Then you get something stolen AND have to fix a window.

You're better off just not having anything worth stealing inside.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,626 times
you say that they shouldn't report this stuff, but they manage to get plenty of calls from people complaining like its the police's fault that someone stole their running, unlocked car from the driveway. so in a way, some of Omaha IS stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: