Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

go to many omaha libraries and you will see kids skipping school during the school day playing world or warcraft on the computer

btw: are really surprised that Monroe and Omaha Benson High have trauncy problems?

Kids absent 5 days? Expect a call - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
They are playing on the libary's computer? How do they get it installed?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
They are playing on the libary's computer? How do they get it installed?
they are playing runescape or world of warcraft or games on facebook

Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM

144 posts, read 121,088 times
Oh, look. Another example of lazy parents not paying attention to the actions of their children.

^^ This falls under my, "who gives a shyt" category.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:46 PM

michael, you are so right.

and Kersten Borer (who is up for re-election in 2012 is "concerned".

How come she hasnt said anything since today? she is the school board rep for Monroe Jr. High and Omaha Benson High.

she should be screaming about the problem since the day she got elected into office in 2009.

those 2 schools have had for years a out of control trauncy problem and

me thinks she (Borer) only cares NOW cause she is scared of sharing Penny Sophir 's soon to be fate in 2012.

Borer has to go in 2012 just like Sophir and McGregor and hopefully Velasquez will be gone in a few weeks (election day)

Old 09-29-2010, 11:57 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
they are playing runescape or world of warcraft or games on facebook
I didn't know they had WOW on Facebook. . I'm so out of touch with online gaming these days. If I only had the time to get back into them.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
They are playing runescape. Non library software can not be installed. And yes the library has a fair number of skippers through the day. Quite common.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 AM

harsh is right

the library has a fair number of skippers through the day.

some kids actually I have heard intentionally get into trouble at school (they are professed Omaha Central and Omaha Benson High kids btw)

so they can play runescape and listen to music at the library during their suspension time

btw: where is the alumni reps for Central and Benson on their schools trauncy problem.

I know many alumni reps in OPS and Millard PUblic schools who are closely involved with their schools and have even spoken out on issues regarding their schools,

but the silence from Central and Benson's reps on the school they claim to be reps for
when it comes to their schools trauncy problem is troubling.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM

this was in 2days owh paper

and I agree with this Mitchell Anderson guy that it is too easy.

the OPS board needs to do more than just frivilous words and half ideas that wont work

that is why the OPS board members like Jensen and Borer and Drickey will lose their re-election campaigns in 2012

cause actions speak louder than petty ideas and meaningless words

==============================================

quote:

Get tougher on student truancy

I don’t believe there is any way a new voluntary pilot program to reduce truancy is going to work in Omaha Public Schools. If kids can’t even go to class, why would they go to a pilot program?

There are two reasons why kids don’t go to class: They either don’t care about their education and the government is just making them attend school, or they know they can miss 20 days and still pass the class with a “C”.

From personal experience, I missed 24 days of my accounting class and ended up with a “C+.” High schools make it too easy for kids to commit truancy.

What the schools need to do is keep students from passing classes when they have three unexcused absences. That would eliminate the problem of kids who just skip because they know they can still pass the class. That’s the only way OPS will get most of those kids back in school.

The Public Pulse, October 9 - Omaha.com

Old 10-10-2010, 07:33 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
go to many omaha libraries and you will see kids skipping school during the school day playing world or warcraft on the computer

btw: are really surprised that Monroe and Omaha Benson High have trauncy problems?

Kids absent 5 days? Expect a call - Omaha.com

Here is an idea, take the internet out of the libraries. Boy, it is just so simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: