Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

216 posts, read 951,810 times

Advertisements

I like all the places mentioned, especially the changes of seasons. I do make it back to Omaha almost 2 times a year. other places in NE too.

I always like returning back to this though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:07 PM

62 posts, read 56,752 times
I agree with most part, but I strongly disagree with the good bus system statement. The bus I was waiting for was 40 minutes late and I had to wait in snow. They are never punctual, so I wouldn't say we have a good bus system. The public transportation in Omaha sucks.

I really like the art and music scenes here. Hot shop is awesome. Saddle Creek Records rocks.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,556,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
What kind of wine is good at Soaring Wings?
My favorite is probably the Dragon's Red

Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanSand View Post
I like all the places mentioned, especially the changes of seasons. I do make it back to Omaha almost 2 times a year. other places in NE too.

I always like returning back to this though.
Looks like a nice vacation! Nice picture. I like vacationing to an ocean just to take a look.

When I moved to Las Vegas I was pretty enamored by the mountains (obviously not an ocean), but it then started to become less neat and more of a pain in the @#$ because of how much hardware on a car gets damaged and how much fuel it takes to get through them.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 PM

119 posts, read 438,871 times
Quote:
What kind of wine is good at Soaring Wings?
I like their Sunset Red, though I do not see it listed on their website. I also thought Ice Falcon was good too.

Lets see... I should add a few more items:

Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Quote:
I would add to this list:

5. A good post office
WoW!!! Lucky you. I deal with Post Offices everyday being a client with Pitney and I have yet to see an actual Post Office that has employees work @ the counters that know what service is all about.

Every Post Office I been to that I observed their services, they just talk, talk and talk. Everything is Slow-Motion and they do-not care how far the line is backed up.

Then again I don't know Omaha. I just used the search button on City-Data about "Space-Heaters" and this was on the top of the list.

Oh, I will like to say "howdy-do-da"

Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,552 times
I moved here from outside Nebraska, and there is a night and day difference between the Post Offices. I admit it's not perfect, since occasionally you will have to wait in line, but there are a handful of USPS employees here who are worth their weight in gold. And being that Omaha is on I-80 and on the Union Pacific railroad and with a major airport, mail gets delivered in record time. I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha