Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

No, I agree. Please let's keep this thread on the topic of answering questions for the family who is considering relocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM

884 posts, read 1,033,835 times
lol i dont think Ken, Ute and Kathy are really that concerned about north omaha's problems, just dont move there. Papillion sounds like the best prospect. It has some older neighborhoods with homes for rent and has plenty of new construction if you want to buy some day. The schools are great and I cant really think of anything bad to say about papillion. Enjoy your move. =-)

Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM

88 posts, read 107,050 times
The only thing that might lead someone away from Papillion would be if they want to have quick interstate access to downtown Omaha -- but 370 to Hwy 75 could provide an uncongested route. So I'd say go for it with Papillion as long as the neighborhood chosen is near Hwy 370.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,554,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse--james View Post
The only thing that might lead someone away from Papillion would be if they want to have quick interstate access to downtown Omaha -- but 370 to Hwy 75 could provide an uncongested route. So I'd say go for it with Papillion as long as the neighborhood chosen is near Hwy 370.

There are several options to quick downtown access with 370/75 being just one. Also Cornhusker to 75 is generally not congested. Also 72nd to 80 if you avoid 2 specific times of day.

There really are several alternatives and even in the worst of situations, someone from Sarpy county can probably be downtown much faster than someone from west Omaha in similiar traffic pattern.

In any case, if I want to go to the airport I plan 20 minutes... to me that is quick... and I rarely take the 370 path, even though I live right by it.

No matter where you work in the Douglas/Sarpy metro area you can get there in fairly decent time with several different options from Papillion.

While someone in Downtown or mid-town Omaha have the Urban experience and all of the good restraunt/shopping that comes with the walkable experience... from Papillion, I not only have decent access to those things but also to Lincoln and areas in-between (Mahoney, Ashland, etc) since I can be at the Waverly exit in Lincoln in 40 minutes.

I could run out to Mahoney for an evening dinner just as easy as I could run to Old Market for an evening dinner. I like that additional variety.

I agree in the old days it used to be hard to get anywhere from Papillion - you had 84th north and 370 east/west... no longer the case, great transportation options from Papillion and it is rare to see congestion.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 6,943 times
hello to all thank you for all the information till now.
What are you all thinking about OMAHA Dundee?
I am still waiting for my phone Interview, and after this we hope everything is going fast.

Again Thanks
Ute Ken and Kathy

Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenutekathy View Post
hello to all thank you for all the information till now.
What are you all thinking about OMAHA Dundee?
I

Dundee would be part of the Omaha Mid-town I originally mentioned. It is an urban setting. Very nice older homes with lots of character. The Dundee commerical area is very vibrant with unique small places to eat. A very walkable community area.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Dundee would be part of the Omaha Mid-town I originally mentioned.
For more on Dundee you might want to check out this link to the Neighborhood Association that covers mid-town: Home

Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
For more on Dundee you might want to check out this link
and this one, too: A View of Historic Dundee

Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM

88 posts, read 107,050 times
Dundee has some beautiful large older homes with big porches on the front of them. It is somewhat close to both the University and Downtown via Dodge street. It is one of the nicer Urban neighborhoods in the city. You get that nice architecture in the homes - lots of trees -- yet it still is relatively a nice neighborhood. In my earlier post I said that the eastern part of Omaha is hit and miss -- Dundee is a hit.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse--james View Post
In my earlier post I said that the eastern part of Omaha is hit and miss -- Dundee is a hit.
Fully agree...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha