Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,963,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
But you are trying to tell me how to think and you're trying to change the definition of marriage.
How are we trying to change how you think? I'll give you the changing of marriage, but as we've pointed out before, desire to keep the status quo is not a legally compelling argument.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,592,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How are we trying to change how you think? I'll give you the changing of marriage, but as we've pointed out before, desire to keep the status quo is not a legally compelling argument.
Sure it is. It's as viable a reason as you have for granting special rights to a small minority.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Sure it is. It's as viable a reason as you have for granting special rights to a small minority.
First, you didn't answer my question. Second, the caselaw from the courts says it isn't and supports my side.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
First, you didn't answer my question. Second, the caselaw from the courts says it isn't and supports my side.
You haven't given me a compelling reason other than "the courts said so". I'm sorry...but a few stupid decisions by liberal hack judges doesn't convince me what is right. It only convinces me that the legal system makes mistakes.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
You haven't given me a compelling reason other than "the courts said so". I'm sorry...but a few stupid decisions by liberal hack judges doesn't convince me what is right. It only convinces me that the legal system makes mistakes.
And you've circled back around again.

1. The "compelling argument" is a legal doctrine. The burden of making that argument is on your side, not mine. This is well established through literally a century of case law.

2. The legal argument is all that matters. You're more than welcome to your personal opinions, no matter how bigoted and utterly stupid they may be.

3. You keep saying the judges are wrong, but you can never explain how. Care to try again?

Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
And you've circled back around again.

1. The "compelling argument" is a legal doctrine. The burden of making that argument is on your side, not mine. This is well established through literally a century of case law.

2. The legal argument is all that matters. You're more than welcome to your personal opinions, no matter how bigoted and utterly stupid they may be.

3. You keep saying the judges are wrong, but you can never explain how. Care to try again?
Honestly..you're like a broken record. Apparently, you're good with whatever a liberal hack judge says when they agree with your position, but forget what the constitution says if it's something you don't. No matter how bigoted and utterly stupid your opinion may be.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Honestly..you're like a broken record. Apparently, you're good with whatever a liberal hack judge says when they agree with your position, but forget what the constitution says if it's something you don't. No matter how bigoted and utterly stupid your opinion may be.
You are insinuating that there is inconsistency in my positions? Please point out some examples.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You are insinuating that there is inconsistency in my positions? Please point out some examples.
You think it's right to trample the rights of the many to give special rights to a few based on sexual behavior. That would seem inconsistent to me.

Not to mention bigoted.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,655,182 times
Quote:
You think it's right to trample the rights of the many to give special rights to a few based on sexual behavior. That would seem inconsistent to me.

Not to mention bigoted.
How is that trampling on other people's rights? And how is it a special right? It makes no legitimate sense whatsoever.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Not to mention bigoted.
That's not what you said. You said I'm good with court decisions that agree with me and ignore the constitution when the courts don't agree with me. Your example does not show any inconsistentcy in my legal positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha