Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:38 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

couple CVS stores have already opened

and construction has started on 90th and blondo as well as 49th and dodge

but nothing is happening with the one proposed to be built across from bucky's on 72nd and maple

anyone know why that one has been stalled from being built?

also anyword on what is happening or should happen with empty lot aka the old bakers on 72nd and blondo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM

any word?

I see the one on 49th and dodge is almost complete and they are starting on the one at 90th and blondo

and yet nothing is happening with the one proposed to be built across from bucky's on 72nd and maple

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM

306 posts, read 714,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
any word?

I see the one on 49th and dodge is almost complete and they are starting on the one at 90th and blondo

and yet nothing is happening with the one proposed to be built across from bucky's on 72nd and maple
Maybe the construction crews are allocated to the Dodge and Blondo locations, only to move to the Maple site after those are complete.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
From the looks of the Maple location they might have some issues with the retaining wall behind the property. This wall is both unattractive and unsafe looking. I wonder if they are figuring out how to proceed with that in mind?

Old 07-14-2011, 07:43 PM

28 posts, read 58,021 times
That wall is massive. It's fascinated me for years, for reasons I can't explain.... What an eyesore that corner has been for years, I couldn't care less about CVS but it sure beats the crap we've had there.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchStanton View Post
That wall is massive. It's fascinated me for years, for reasons I can't explain.... What an eyesore that corner has been for years, I couldn't care less about CVS but it sure beats the crap we've had there.

I agree and plus anything but another bar in benson

we got 15 bars or so in the heart of benson.

btw: (side note wish benson area had a dundee theatre like theatre.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM

any updates on this considering the ones at 49th and dodge and 90th and blondo will be opening in a few months

be nice to see something other than bars in benson area (that is all maple street seems to have in benson area)

Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
Went by there yesterday. . Still a nice lot full of weeds. Better than the lot full of an abandoned gas station I guess. But not a huge upgrade all things considered.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:38 AM

624 posts, read 1,309,678 times
You know, if CVS really wanted a good name here in Omaha, they'd build more urban. As of right now, I know absolutely nobody that prefers CVS over Walgreens. Maybe if they didn't try to push their regular style building, they would have a better reputation. But as I see it now, I don't think they'll do well here in Omaha. At 72nd and Maple, I would have really liked to see a two story building. Have the CVS in the lower part and have the top part be appartments or other retail. The top level would be accessed from the cornber of 71st and Corby and since that's a big hill, the top level would appear to be at ground level, but below it would be the CVS. Parallel parking on 72nd, Maple, 71st and Corby would probably be sufficient and would encourage public transportation use. That won't be happening, though, so I prepare for a waste of land.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Went by there yesterday. . Still a nice lot full of weeds. Better than the lot full of an abandoned gas station I guess. But not a huge upgrade all things considered.

pheaton, you are so right, it isnt much a upgrade.

btw: is the bank at 72nd and maple empty or closed. saw a for sale sign on the bank there for months now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: