Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times

Advertisements

The calanders are pretty good, try the Claimjumpers, they are as good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 AM

509 posts, read 1,698,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Way to turn a good post into one by a bigot! You get todays fail award, congratulations
is my asking an honest question make me a bigot ? i would think that you are jumping the gun by assuming that i am a bigot when i question something . thank you anyway for a nobrainer answer . are there some subjects that are taboo here ?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
is my asking an honest question make me a bigot ? i would think that you are jumping the gun by assuming that i am a bigot when i question something . thank you anyway for a nobrainer answer . are there some subjects that are taboo here ?
Anyone that questions the legality of another with NO reason or evidence is in my book a bigot. As I said, your post started off good and I had some stuff I was going to post, till I saw that second part. That's when I knew the caliber of person I was dealing with and the likelihood of an intelligent conversation. It not a taboo subject, It's just not one an intelligent person brings up without darn good reason.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Many pardons ! i apologize from the bottom of my heart that i insulted your morals with my question . i do hope you will forgive me for being so insensitive . consider that i have beaten myself into a lather with a wet noodle .

Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Way to turn a good post into one by a bigot! You get todays fail award, congratulations
It's bigoted to inquire on the immigration status of someone?

Quote:
Anyone that questions the legality of another with NO reason or evidence is in my book a bigot. As I said, your post started off good and I had some stuff I was going to post, till I saw that second part. That's when I knew the caliber of person I was dealing with and the likelihood of an intelligent conversation. It not a taboo subject, It's just not one an intelligent person brings up without darn good reason.
I wouldn't say that it was bigoted (you should look the word up) of him to ask, but I would suggest that it was tacky.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Many pardons ! i apologize from the bottom of my heart that i insulted your morals with my question . i do hope you will forgive me for being so insensitive . consider that i have beaten myself into a lather with a wet noodle .
You have to admit, it was a very strange question and a very strange time to ask that question. Like I said earlier, I doubt any of our members here have kept count on how many illegals are employed at various businesses.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM

my reason for asking about illegals . i left Omaha almost twenty years ago and was just wondering of the amount of illegals employed at ConAgra . where i live we do read about the illegal employment in Fremont and other meat packing establishments .
not trying to be sarcastic but in future should i clear with PC police ? don't care to insult anybodies insensitivities .

P.S. i know where Campbell soup plant was . i worked ther for a time .

Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
my reason for asking about illegals . i left Omaha almost twenty years ago and was just wondering of the amount of illegals employed at ConAgra . where i live we do read about the illegal employment in Fremont and other meat packing establishments .
not trying to be sarcastic but in future should i clear with PC police ? don't care to insult anybodies insensitivities .

P.S. i know where Campbell soup plant was . i worked ther for a time .
there are a few folks on this board that love to throw around the "bigot" label if you don't agree lockstep with their views on a number of issues. Don't let them intimidate you.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,552 times
Quote:
my reason for asking about illegals . i left Omaha almost twenty years ago and was just wondering of the amount of illegals employed at ConAgra . .
No, it's true that most of the slaughterhouses hire illegal residents because they are the only ones willing to participate in the front end of the animal holocaust for such little compensation. ConAgra is in the business of separating us from the realities of how our food gets to us. I don't know how many would be hired at the downtown headquarters, though. That's more of white collar business types.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:47 PM

92 posts, read 187,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
No, it's true that most of the slaughterhouses hire illegal residents because they are the only ones willing to participate in the front end of the animal holocaust for such little compensation. ConAgra is in the business of separating us from the realities of how our food gets to us. I don't know how many would be hired at the downtown headquarters, though. That's more of white collar business types.
You should do some research. I don't work at a slaughterhouse but work very close with one. That "little compensation" usually starts at $12/hour, and goes up to $20-23 an hour for the prime cutters.

Yeah there are illegals, but they are making quite a bit more than the white trash that you find at Long John Silvers and McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha