Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times
No, but I'm sure you're going to use this thread as a platform to criticize people who don't worship or think exactly like you do. Just watch, folks.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:19 PM

696 posts, read 1,725,895 times
This post belongs in a different forum!

//www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/

Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Based on what I know of Churches of Christ and that congregation's website, I'd say there's a very good chance they're not Calvinist.
They appear to have more in common with independent Christian Churches than most Churches of Christ, meaning they probably use instrumental music whereas most congregations that call themselves Churches of Christ traditionally do not. It's all very confusing. You just have to know the Stone-Campbell Restoration movement of the 1800's to fully understand it all. It would be a fine discussion on the religion forum.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
You took the words right out of my mouth Smithy.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
This post belongs in a different forum!

//www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/
I'll keep that in mind with every photography or ski shop question or whatever that anyone posts on here. We're not allowed to discuss local churches? Please try to be a little tolerant of people as we ask questions about community organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
No, but I'm sure you're going to use this thread as a platform to criticize people who don't worship or think exactly like you do. Just watch, folks.
No...I honestly am not. I'm not personally familiar with the church and was wondering about it.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Based on what I know of Churches of Christ and that congregation's website, I'd say there's a very good chance they're not Calvinist.
They appear to have more in common with independent Christian Churches than most Churches of Christ, meaning they probably use instrumental music whereas most congregations that call themselves Churches of Christ traditionally do not. It's all very confusing. You just have to know the Stone-Campbell Restoration movement of the 1800's to fully understand it all. It would be a fine discussion on the religion forum.
No argument about the philosophy of a church being a good topic for another board, but I've got as much right to ask about a local church as anyone has a right to ask about a local ski shop, photography shop, restaurant, etc.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You're really stretching on that analogy, kiddo. There's a big difference between humor and trolling for a religious flame war. The 'innocent' act doesn't square with your history on this forum. If you're so interested in the Benson Church of Christ, then go there and attend one of their services and talk to the pastor. Stop using this forum to act out your theological differences and "holier than thou" attitudes.
Honestly...I was inquiring about the church. That's all. I messaged one person I knew of that went there, but I didn't know if there were others on this board that had gone there. If you have nothing constructive to add, please pipe down and stop acting holier than thou toward me. You don't know my motives so please stop trying to judge them.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Honestly...I was inquiring about the church. That's all. I messaged one person I knew of that went there, but I didn't know if there were others on this board that had gone there. If you have nothing constructive to add, please pipe down and stop acting holier than thou toward me. You don't know my motives so please stop trying to judge them.
Not buying it, sorry.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Not buying it, sorry.
I honestly don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha