Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

btw:

bosco, didnt a fight broke out in front of The Waiting Room and spilled out into the street one night last week.

and this isnt the first I have heard of this: several fights outside of bars in benson have happened this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
actually I know many liberals in the benson area who also have problems with benson becoming "alcoholic city"
Then they must only be telling you this, but I sure don't hear it from anyone I know.

Quote:
the fact is, we have enough and we need more diverse shops in benson area.
Did you just ignore the link I gave you? Just browsing through that I see...

- an independent market (Louis)
- small shoe repair shop
- auto glass shop
- alteration shop
- Masonic Temple (not a business, but still)
- Christian Center
- Max I Walker dry cleaner
- two thrift shops
- cell phone shop
- printing shop
- architect's office
- two book stores
- chiropractor
- maternity store
- plumbing supply store
- community center
- art gallery
- antique store
- craft store
- musical instrument store
- podiatry office
- independent shoe store
- CPA's office
- entertainer agency
- insurance office
- physical therapy clinic
- health food store
- diner

Seriously, how much more diverse can you get? What else could you possibly need there?

Quote:
and to call subway (as u did on ur blog) a blind spot or eyesore is insluting,

even dundee area on underwood has a subway. I like subway. at least they got good sandwichs at a good price.
First off, it's not my blog. It's Omababe's blog. Second, if you're going to get your thong up in a bunch over someone calling a chain store a "blind spot" then you really have bigger problems than anything I can help you with. I think there are bigger things to feign offense over.

Oh and just for the record, I kinda like Subway too, although Jimmy John's and especially Firehouse are better by leaps and bounds.

Quote:
to assume those against are the sex shop in the old true value hardware are all right wing nutjobs is wrong. plenty of leftists are against that place also.
Again, they must be keeping themselves pretty hidden. All the opposition I heard to that place (and it was very little) came solidly from one side of the cultural/political spectrum.

Quote:
I know some wish it was illegal for conservatives to live in benson area, but benson is politcally mixed or neutral
Actually, Benson probably leans fairly solid to the left, as do most urban areas, but I digress as the political makeup of the area is irrelevant here.

Quote:
Benson does have a pretty significant nightlife and with that comes bars and bands and all that good stuff

and I like that, but I want to see something other than bars and barber shops in benson.
Like what? What could you possibly want that isn't already there.

Quote:
my complaint is we dont need any more bars. we got enough.
If we don't need anymore, then the business won't be there to support it.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
btw:

bosco, didnt a fight broke out in front of The Waiting Room and spilled out into the street one night last week.

and this isnt the first I have heard of this: several fights outside of bars in benson have happened this summer.
Maybe. What difference does it make either way?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Maybe. What difference does it make either way?

cause fights at benson bars happen a lot. from what I hear the police were called to louis bar yesterday to deal with a fight that happened.

but I guess shouldnt bring up what happens in alcohol city.

bosco, maybe liberals were afraid to speak out for being branded as "traitors".

and conservatives for most part are afraid to speak out on many things in Omaha, so they keep quiet.

cause most conservatives in Omaha are afraid of the far left folks that run Omaha

Last edited by billiefan2000; 09-09-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
cause fights at benson bars happen a lot. from what I hear the police were called to louis bar yesterday to deal with a fight that happened.
Really? How often do they happen? How does this rate compare with other bars in other parts of the city?

But getting past that, talking about bar fights is really nothing short of silly. Fights tend to happen whenever you get crowds together and unless it's a particularly violent or unprovoked attack, it usually just gets broken up and the people sent home. There is a reason you don't hear about them on the news very often. If the problem was really something to worry about, you'd hear about it and the city would be cracking down on them like they did with Cheaters, Billy Frogg's or that old bar in West Omaha (can't remember the name).

Quote:
but I guess shouldnt bring up what happens in alcohol city.
You can bring it up, but just don't try to represent the situation as something it isn't...like you tried to do with the business diversity in Benson.

Quote:
bosco, maybe liberals were afraid to speak out for being branded as "traitors".

and conservatives for most part are afraid to speak out on many things in Omaha, so they keep quiet.

cause most conservatives in Omaha are afraid of the far left folks that run Omaha
I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you right now, but the notion that conservatives in Omaha have reason to be "afraid" is shockingly off base. Hell, the entire western half of the city is largely conservative, and we just watched a right wing teabagger (Dave Nabity) make an outright attempt to buy the mayor's office and the worst thing that happened to him was getting his ass kicked in the recall election.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 AM

rumors abound of what is going there at 5901 NWRH

walgreens moving over a block so it can be bigger (like most stores are)

cvs perhaps is going there (likely the 72nd and maple project has been scrapped)

a dollar store perhaps

and a runza or jimmy john's going there (okay that would be my choice)

plus considering the runza on hamilton has been closed for some time, it would be cool to have one in benson

Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 AM

found out what is going on there:

walgreens is moving from 61st and radial into old bank of the west.

current walgreens in benson is smallest walgreens in omaha area.

they will be moving to 60th (across from Benson Tower) sometime late next year or early 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: