Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,012,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
how bout the Nathan hale abuse cover scandal in which no one except Knutson lost his job over it.
I fail to see how that relates to throwing around money, good/bad ideas, independent voices or disagreement.

Quote:
why does Principal Colvin still have a job with OPS
You tell me. Or more appropriately, tell me why he shouldn't?

Quote:
how bout the rule in which, OPS board members must vote Jensen's way or else.
Where is this rule in the OPS charter? What are the consequences of failing to follow it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,529,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I fail to see how that relates to throwing around money, good/bad ideas, independent voices or disagreement.

You tell me. Or more appropriately, tell me why he shouldn't?

Where is this rule in the OPS charter? What are the consequences of failing to follow it?

um, colvin refused to tell the police about the allegations. you know, Joe Paterno lost his job for failing to report to the police allegations against Sandusky and he got fired.

I mean, u honestly dont think Colvin should keep her job for covering up abuse.

Colvin's refusal to help abuse victims is example of why people have distrust towards OPS. if Colvin did the right thing when the first allegation came out, maybe there wouldnt have been more victims.

u know for sure if this was a Millard school principal covering up a crime, that principal would have been sacked the moment the coverup was discovered.

in OPS like in Omaha in general, they are very liberal and loose when it comes to accountability.

it's a unofficial rule in the OPS board, IT'S do what Jensen says or else.

I mean, when has any of the board members outside Borer and Wayne ever disagreed with Jensen on something.

Jensen has lost it when Justin Wayne has stood up to her. (see) http://www.omaha.com/article/20110918/NEWS01/709189859

people are fed up with a arrogant, out of touch with the average person OPS board. Sophir got thrown out in 2010 from the board cause people were fed up with her being a yes-person for Jensen.

that's why Drickey and Huston and Morrissey and Gray will be thrown out in 2012. Cause the 4 of them just agree with whatever Jensen says without a thought.

it's a unofficial rule in OPS board , IT'S do what Jensen says or else.

u or others have a problem with Jensen's rule, that maybe you should throw her useful idiot cronies out in 2012.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
um, colvin refused to tell the police about the allegations. you know, Joe Paterno lost his job for failing to report to the police allegations against Sandusky and he got fired.

I mean, u honestly dont think Colvin should keep her job for covering up abuse.

Colvin's refusal to help abuse victims is example of why people have distrust towards OPS. if Colvin did the right thing when the first allegation came out, maybe there wouldnt have been more victims.

u know for sure if this was a Millard school principal covering up a crime, that principal would have been sacked the moment the coverup was discovered.

in OPS like in Omaha in general, they are very liberal and loose when it comes to accountability.
All of this...again...has nothing to do with your original diatribe. It's also nothing like the Penn State fiasco. Paterno and the PSU administration had reports that children were being RAPED and did nothing. That's a bit different from the people in OPS hearing allegations and looking into it themselves. Now obviously, OPS should have followed the law and reported the allegations. Is it an infraction worthy of dismissal? Probably not in one instance, but who would you fire? Could you even fire them, considering they are elected officials?

Quote:
it's a unofficial rule in the OPS board, IT'S do what Jensen says or else.
So it's not a rule? Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
I mean, when has any of the board members outside Borer and Wayne ever disagreed with Jensen on something.

Jensen has lost it when Justin Wayne has stood up to her. (see) OPS rift: Dispute over control - Omaha.com
Are you even reading this? The only mention Jensen even gets in that entire article is her seeking advice from the Superintendent and then some internal emails that were sent around. I don't see any person not blinded by some personal vendetta calling her behavior "losing it".

Quote:
people are fed up with a arrogant, out of touch with the average person OPS board. Sophir got thrown out in 2010 from the board cause people were fed up with her being a yes-person for Jensen.

that's why Drickey and Huston and Morrissey and Gray will be thrown out in 2012. Cause the 4 of them just agree with whatever Jensen says without a thought.

it's a unofficial rule in OPS board , IT'S do what Jensen says or else.

u or others have a problem with Jensen's rule, that maybe you should throw her useful idiot cronies out in 2012.
I don't even know how to respond to this.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 PM

the fact it was repeatedly not reported (there were multiple incidents of this alleged)

would be grounds for dismissal IMO cause it shows negligence on behalf of Colvin and any OPS officials who knew about the multiple allegations and refused to tell the police.

I would call for Colvin to be fired and any OPS board member who knew about the allegations and tried to make sure the police didnt know be forced to step down.

cause it shows they are more intrested in power than looking out for the children.

like I said: Sophir was kicked out in 2010 cause people were angry with the out of touch school board.

that is Drickey, Morrissey and Jensen and Gray and Huston 's future in 2012. (i.e. being thrown out by the voters when they are up for re-election) cause people are angry with a out of touch school board.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
the fact it was repeatedly not reported (there were multiple incidents of this alleged)

would be grounds for dismissal IMO cause it shows negligence on behalf of Colvin and any OPS officials who knew about the multiple allegations and refused to tell the police.

I would call for Colvin to be fired and any OPS board member who knew about the allegations and tried to make sure the police didnt know be forced to step down.

cause it shows they are more intrested in power than looking out for the children.
Unless there is a rule I am unaware of with the OPS board, they cannot be fired. They can either step down voluntarily or be voted out.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Unless there is a rule I am unaware of with the OPS board, they cannot be fired. They can either step down voluntarily or be voted out.
I know that and hopefully the voters will throw them (Drickey, Morrissey and Jensen and Gray and Huston) out in 2012

Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I know that and hopefully the voters will throw them (Drickey, Morrissey and Jensen and Gray and Huston) out in 2012
If you know that then why in the hell are you calling for them to be fired??

Good God, man.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Anti-truancy law gets results

Anti-truancy law gets results - Omaha.com

so Omaha Central High and Omaha South High 's trauncy enablers can shut up and go away. the law is working

Omaha South High 's crackdown on tardiness also seems to be working

South's crackdown on tardiness also seems to be working - Omaha.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: