Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 PM

624 posts, read 1,308,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley55 View Post
I guess if the choice is between disregarding motorists when I'm walking in a street, or people firing hand cannons at me north of dodge and east of 60th, i'll choose to just walk on the sidewalk in the suburbs.
Just an example of our differing views. Your fear of being involved in a shooting in northeast Omaha would be just as rational as my fear of being hit by a car in the suburbs, just as my level of comfort visiting northeast Omaha is probably the same as yours of walking in a suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM

76 posts, read 142,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
this also happened east of the border as some out west call it

aka east of 72nd street (where the west omaha folks are afraid to go,

unless it's the baseball stadium or the century link center, than suddenly those who are afraid of eveything east of 72nd's fear magically vanish

why is that? how can one be afraid of going east of 72nd but not afraid to go to the baseball stadium or the century link center which is east of 72nd street.

btw this incident happened a couple miles south from Omaha Central High School (aka the school with a controversial record of dealing with trauncy)
Oh good lord. You're delusional.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:45 PM

130 posts, read 290,253 times
DAMN IT WAS INSANE! WISH THEY SHOT TYGA!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM

77 posts, read 201,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Just an example of our differing views. Your fear of being involved in a shooting in northeast Omaha would be just as rational as my fear of being hit by a car in the suburbs, just as my level of comfort visiting northeast Omaha is probably the same as yours of walking in a suburb.
The difference being there aren't multiple vehicle pedestrian accidents every evening.
There are shootings nearly every evening in Omaha. Sure, there seems to be a "core" area but violence is running rampant in this city. Vehicle strikes not so much so.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 PM

77 posts, read 201,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
The thing is there aren't many random killings in Omaha, if you aren't in the drug game or in a gang there is no reason to worry. No matter which side of 72nd you live.
This is simply not true and I dare say a racially motivated statement.
I have unfortunately known several individuals killed for no reasons other than looking at a female some one else laid claim to, or bumping shoulders at a bar by accident.
When it becomes socially acceptable to handle ones differences with a firearm than moral decay has reached a point of no return.
The actual rate of solved homicides in Omaha is horribly low. With out a deterrent (ie....getting caught) of course the homicide / assault rate is going to rise.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeandJill View Post
I have unfortunately known several individuals killed for no reasons other than looking at a female some one else laid claim to, or bumping shoulders at a bar by accident.
When it becomes socially acceptable to handle ones differences with a firearm than moral decay has reached a point of no return.
The actual rate of solved homicides in Omaha is horribly low. With out a deterrent (ie....getting caught) of course the homicide / assault rate is going to rise.
Racially motivated . You do realize most murders of passion(ie bumping into someone or looking at someone wrong whatever) get solved yet gang murders don't for fear of retribution? If most homicides aren't being solved that would point to gang violence.

Do you know what social circle tends to "solve" their differences with firearms? Gangs.

Gang members come in all shapes, sizes and colors in Omaha. I don't give a **** what race they are, gangs suck period.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeandJill View Post
I have to agree with iamjacobm. In almost every case of a killing in Omaha we later learn the 'victim' has a long criminal record. While random killings do happen, they are very much so limited in number.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 PM

704 posts, read 1,871,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Racially motivated . You do realize most murders of passion(ie bumping into someone or looking at someone wrong whatever) get solved yet gang murders don't for fear of retribution? If most homicides aren't being solved that would point to gang violence.

Do you know what social circle tends to "solve" their differences with firearms? Gangs.

Gang members come in all shapes, sizes and colors in Omaha. I don't give a **** what race they are, gangs suck period.

Actually most homicides in Omaha re not being solved. Omaha has one fo the most clearance rates for Homicide in the nation. You know why? Becasue no one will talk to the Police! I love it; it's the same thing every time they report on a shooting. Bystanders didn't really see anything, they just heard shots and then tires squealing. They have no idea why anyone would be giving that nice boy trouble. The victims (if they live) always tell police..."yeah I was out at 2:30 am minding my own business and dudes in an SUV just pulled up and shot me. No idea who they were or what they wanted..."

Frankly I'm sick of it... if the victims (and likely future victims) of these crimes don't care to talk then they deserve what they get. They'll just wait till they get out of the Hospital and go shoot up some other house and the cycle repeats itself.

I got nothing for it...

Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM

31 posts, read 85,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I got nothing for it...
The 'thugs' just to play with their guns more.

Man shot and killed in apparent gun accident
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: