Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,061 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are going to be traveling from the Black Hills in SD through Omaha with our two small dogs and 11 year old daughter at the end of the month. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay that is CLEAN and pet friendly? It wouldn't hurt to have a pool or some other activity for our daughter, too! I have been searching online, and I am getting a lot of conflicting reviews and pet policies...so cofusing! We will be camping for most of the trip, but since we will only be one night in Omaha, we didn't want to drag out the tent, etc! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
Our favorite place to stay is Homewood Suites (by Hilton). There's one in downtown Omaha. We don't travel with our pets, but they are pet friendly and a great place to stay. Full kitchen in room, breakfast included. During the week, dinner as well (M-Th). They call it a late afternoon snack, but it sure can be dinner. Includes wine/beer as well.

Most have a pool and free wifi.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 AM

I checked their site - service animals only. =( Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM

31 posts, read 85,897 times
I know the Holiday Inn Express in Lincoln allows dogs, and has a pool, give the Omaha locations a call to see if they do as well.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:29 AM

Thanks, guys! I think we are going to go with the KOA in West Omaha. They have cabins that they allow pets in, and it will keep me from hauling out the tent. One hotel that allowed pets only allowed them on the third floor...which has me a little confused, but whatever works for them! =) Personally, I would rather keep my dog CLOSER to the grass than farther away! At least I won't have to worry about him peeing in the elevator!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM
CCJ

55 posts, read 168,788 times
It seems you have already found a solution... but if you change your mind, we stayed at the Double Tree off 72nd when we moved here. There was a pool and we were up on the 6th floor or something, but it all worked out fine. They didn't charge us the pet deposit that the website claims. Omaha Hotels | DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Omaha | Omaha, NE

We have also used La Quinta (but not in Omaha) because most of them take pets. They also state they charge a pet deposit, yet we have never paid one (and we didn't hide the dog).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: