Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
I've found that most of the people who hate where they live, basically hate everything. They're probably the same people who complain about how everybody else is unfriendly and closed-minded.

In virtually every aspect of life, we tend to find what we're looking for.
Agreed 100%.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:42 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,446 times
I think Omaha would be a much better place if it wasn't blanketed with Nebraska's anti-gay hate legislation.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
I think Omaha would be a much better place if it wasn't blanketed with Nebraska's anti-gay hate legislation.
har..har. I think Omaha would be better off if they had teletubbies randomly walking the streets... Yeah, that's about as much substance as your post has...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:56 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
har..har. I think Omaha would be better off if they had teletubbies randomly walking the streets... Yeah, that's about as much substance as your post has...
It has more substance than you would like to admit. With economic times starting to effect Omaha's budget, Omaha could use more money. If Nebraska were a more gay friendly place Omaha would have the money it needs. You should read up on Richard Florida and what he says about the importance of accepting the gay community is important to a city's economy and overall growth.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Why do you have to drag this crap into every thread you post?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 PM

516 posts, read 1,338,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Why do you have to drag this crap into every thread you post?
Frankly, Nebraska does have a hostile environment for gays, and it certainly does not speak well for the area. It is relevant in a thread with this subject line. I am really, really tired of the hostility directed toward Surf Omaha when he reminds all you Omaha lovers of this particular discrepancy. Your personal hostility also does not speak well of the area.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Frankly, Nebraska does have a hostile environment for gays, and it certainly does not speak well for the area. It is relevant in a thread with this subject line. I am really, really tired of the hostility directed toward Surf Omaha when he reminds all you Omaha lovers of this particular discrepancy. Your personal hostility also does not speak well of the area.
Kinda ironic bringing up hostility when talking about Surf, isn't it Stacy?

On a whole, we're sick and tired of those guy derailing every thread with his homosexual agenda. Hell, I even support their cause and I'm sick of his act!

Surf's arrogant, militant attitude reflects much more poorly on the people here than those who fire back at him. I'd also bet you that he's had a much more negative effect

Is this thread relevant for his post? Maybe if you want to be really liberal about it, but it's the 2nd thread he's needlessly drug that crap into just today.

We're sick of it.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:39 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,835 times
Oh give me a break!! No one on here is being hostile to Surf because he's advocating a gay issue or perspective. People are hostile in response to his unbelievably inflammatory and aggressive tactics that he has used on this thread and others!

I am all for gay marriage. Yet, in his mind, because I'm a heterosexual male living in Nebraska I'm a bigot! If anyone in any way disagrees with one of his view points he calls them and treats them as gay-hating bigots. That is my problem with Surf and that is why people treat him in a hostile manner. It has nothing to do with him being gay or advocating a pro-gay position.

Further, the few on here who did have a bigoted slant to their view points aren't even from Nebraska!!

Finally, I am really really tired of people like yourself and Surf denouncing an entire city and state for the actions of a few. Hatred, bigotry, and racism exist everywhere!! I am really really tired of your sanctimonious judgmental attitude. I am also really really tired of you and Surf being unable to separate arguments and distinguish between attacks on your actual argument and attacks directed towards you personally. If you'd actually read the flipping threads you'd see that the hostility has ZERO to do with the issue of gayness and is purely in response to Surf's hostility to the entire board. I am really really sick of every time you and Surf disagree with someone you just call them a racist, a bigot, a hick, a redneck, uneducated, close-minded and etc. Or if that doesn't work you just conclude that the whole town of Omaha is horrible or the entire state of Nebraska is filled with inbred rednecks.

Please!

Last edited by mattpoulsen; 02-05-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
but Stacy, you do have to admit, SurfOmaha does bring the gay issue into every thread he can..

Nita

Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,890 times
Quote:
Oh my God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha