Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM

18 posts, read 64,469 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Omaha very soon and looking at Park Plaza Apartments on 31st st. Had a viewing and it was nice but there was no electricity to the room which was odd. Can't seem to find the "official" name of the apartment online- as in, I can't find any reviews of the apartment. The guy that showed it was with PJ Morgan real estate, which I found some mixed reviews on. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:42 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,195 times
My experience with Park Plaza is they have paper-thin walls and many of the residents smoke in their units. But that's true of most apartments in Omaha. The Brandeis downtown has high-end air filtration systems, so even if you have smoking neighbors, the smoke doesn't get into your apartment. If you like townhouses, SOMA and Rows at Little Italy are really well designed.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Sounds like I'd be getting what I pay for. The brandeis look super nice, but $900/mo is a little out of my price range. By smoke do you mean cigarettes or weed?

I am looking to rent at least through 2013.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,195 times
Oh, I meant cigarette smoke. I haven't had any exposure to weed in Omaha, but maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong people?

Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 AM

109 posts, read 281,027 times
There is serious weed in Omaha

Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSL-NE View Post
There is serious weed in Omaha
Was gonna say that too. Everybody knows Lincoln is for drinking and Omaha is for smoking.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:00 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
At one time they were called the College Park Apartments, I only found one review back then, and the person gave it 2 of 5 stars. But apparently they have been redone now. Have you looked at the apartment ratings website? Are you going to be in school or just want to be closer to downtown? What price range do you have regarding rent? If I can be of any help, let me know. Good Luck.

Omaha Apartments for Rent - Omaha Apartments Reviews and Ratings

Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
At one time they were called the College Park Apartments, I only found one review back then, and the person gave it 2 of 5 stars. But apparently they have been redone now. Have you looked at the apartment ratings website? Are you going to be in school or just want to be closer to downtown? What price range do you have regarding rent? If I can be of any help, let me know. Good Luck.

Omaha Apartments for Rent - Omaha Apartments Reviews and Ratings
Couldn't find any rating sites that had it listed. That's one of the reasons why I wasnt completely comfortable with them. I just graduated and I am moving to Omaha for work, looking in the range of $500-$700 monthly, which doesnt seem to be too popular of a renting price in the downtown area.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
Use the link and put in 68102 zip code for the downtown area. This one (link below) is in your price range and has gotten good reviews. The Kensington also got decent reviews. Click on the floor plan tab and it will show you the rent. If they have nothing available be sure and ask if they have any recommendations for others in the area. Look through the apartments in that downtown zip and see what you find.

Bull Durham Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Omaha apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 PM

124 posts, read 309,134 times
I don't have any experience with Park Plaza, but I do live a few blocks away from there. Any particular reason you want to be near downtown? and what type of work will you be doing/looking for? I'm sure you got a look at the Midtown Crossing area that's across the street which is a nice bit of land but the rest of the surrounding area is.. not great in my opinion, just sayin'. Honestly the only reason I go to Midtown Crossing is to go to the grocery store, Wohlner's, because it's so conveniently close. I will say this though, if you continue to look around this area, avoid any rentals from AG Contractors/Rami (or "Rob") Sawaged. He's a raging douche slumlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha