Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 PM

906 posts, read 1,809,786 times

Advertisements

Maybe not, but he was voted to represent the whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 10,528 times
I would recommend the two suburbs either Papillion or Millard. Both are suburbs literally touching Omaha (both are pretty much aparto of Omaha). They both have houses on the outside of the big metro where you have a lot of space, close to farm/open land and get a big yard yet only 10-15min drive to downtown.

Also, millard and Papillion schools are very good for children to learn in and provide great education and opportunities. Both have after school "kids clubs" for children in elementary and the local YMCA has a youth program as well. There are plenty of sports teams and music lessons/teachers to choose from. I played every sport you can think of from 1st grade up to 12th grade with great children and also touch music instrument lessons and participated in the band. Papillion has great arts/music programs if your kids are interested.

Its a very conservative place, not too much diversity, but little to no crime, close to a surbubia utopia. There are some great churches in these towns as well but I would say the list of things to do is going to be less than california because of lack of diversity, severe climate variations in winter snow to summer heat, and less arts/entertainment scene.

If you're looking for more of an asian culture to be near, Lincoln has a very large population of immigrants from Asian countries, much more so than omaha. I have many Vietnamese and chinese friends in Lincoln, but very little in Omaha. Lincoln is definetely quieter, is smaller and easier to travel and has its own unique diversity of fun activites due to the University of Nebraska and its new growth and developments. I actually enjoy downtown of lincoln as there are many coffee shops and restaurants to enjoy and you can travel anywhere on a bike, whereas omaha is very spread out and you need a car to commute. Nebraska is definetely quiet though, not much major crime (apart from the north omaha section). If you do enjoy the outdoors, or milder climate Southern Oregon/ North California def prob has more to offer but Papillion and Millard schools are great (as well as other omaha school- but they very greatly depending on cultural demographics which is kind of sad).

Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 PM

147 posts, read 259,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshocks View Post
I would recommend the two suburbs either Papillion or Millard. Both are suburbs literally touching Omaha (both are pretty much aparto of Omaha). They both have houses on the outside of the big metro where you have a lot of space, close to farm/open land and get a big yard yet only 10-15min drive to downtown.
And you'll also be surrounded by a bunch of paranoid, arrogant white racists.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 AM

624 posts, read 1,308,950 times
[quote=bshocks;28612926]I would recommend the two suburbs either Papillion or Millard. Both are suburbs literally touching Omaha (both are pretty much aparto of Omaha). They both have houses on the outside of the big metro where you have a lot of space, close to farm/open land and get a big yard yet only 10-15min drive to downtown.[quote]

You wont get Downtown from anywhere near Omaha thats close to farmland in 15 minutes no matter how fast you drive. I don't know where you get that idea. But next time I'm in bumf*** Millard, I will head Downtown as fast as I can and report back here.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
How are Nebraskan's intolerant? Nebraska has a politician (Johanns) who actually voted against the Violence Against Women Act because it treats LGBT women like humans. I guess he thinks they are less than human? Sounds like pre-civil war thinking to me.
THINK before you write. Study before you opine. You'll look less foolish.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
You wont get Downtown from anywhere near Omaha thats close to farmland in 15 minutes no matter how fast you drive. I don't know where you get that idea. But next time I'm in bumf*** Millard, I will head Downtown as fast as I can and report back here.
And you won't get ANYWHERE if you insist on riding the $%#!@ Metro Buses. Stupid crap organization needs to be disbanded, and save the Omaha taxpayers millions of dollars.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM

624 posts, read 1,308,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Sullivan View Post
And you won't get ANYWHERE if you insist on riding the $%#!@ Metro Buses. Stupid crap organization needs to be disbanded, and save the Omaha taxpayers millions of dollars.
HAHA.. haha... ha.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 PM

66 posts, read 102,438 times
Mort Sullivan is Max Headroom's younger slower brother. Max gained AI through many electronic conduits, even including the Internet and blipverts. Mort gained AI through 14.4 Faxes, mostly the ones that show up timestamped at 4am, advertising cheap getaway destinations. He does not exist. He is an echo.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomte View Post
Mort Sullivan is Max Headroom's younger slower brother. Max gained AI through many electronic conduits, even including the Internet and blipverts. Mort gained AI through 14.4 Faxes, mostly the ones that show up timestamped at 4am, advertising cheap getaway destinations. He does not exist. He is an echo.
And your the lingering smell of an after Taco Bell fart. But what does that have to do with the FACT that Omaha's bus system absolutely sucks!?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomte View Post
And the sad part is he is running for mayor. Luckily he stands no chance. By now most people know he is just a crazy old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha