Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 PM

291 posts, read 377,730 times

Advertisements

As a family with 3 kids,ages 15,12 & 3 we have made it a "bucket list" goal to visit all 50 states. So last weekend we had a long weekend & considered the states that we could check off. None of us had been to Nebraska. So we decided we were Omaha bound!

I just want to say that I thougt Omaha would just be another boring stop on our 50 states tour, but instead WE LOVED OMAHA!

You have a very funky clothing scence, great pizza, low unemployment, a charming downtown with great custom clothing & most of all the PEOPLE.

Never again will I consider Omaha boring or behind... it may actually be up & coming!!! Great City!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,963 times
Glad you liked it! Omaha always seems to surprise people, who knows what will happen if the word gets out.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 PM

35 posts, read 59,384 times
As someone who recently moved here from Brooklyn, Omaha has nothing but surprised me in the best sense of the word...I really love it here....I am definitely spreading the word...

Old 08-13-2013, 07:11 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,794 times
Omaha surprised me, too. Just not in the way it surprised the other posters in here, lol.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:48 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,195 times
Mostie how are you liking the UP? Must be incredible this time of year.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
Mostie how are you liking the UP? Must be incredible this time of year.
It is, positively beautiful and I really do love it! Within the next month or so, all of the fall colors are going to be here and I can't wait, lol. We had maybe a week of pretty hot weather, but the rest has been smooth sailing--and I'm even looking forward to winter and the snow

Old 08-18-2013, 08:33 AM

73 posts, read 221,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
As a family with 3 kids,ages 15,12 & 3 we have made it a "bucket list" goal to visit all 50 states. So last weekend we had a long weekend & considered the states that we could check off. None of us had been to Nebraska. So we decided we were Omaha bound!

I just want to say that I thougt Omaha would just be another boring stop on our 50 states tour, but instead WE LOVED OMAHA!

You have a very funky clothing scence, great pizza, low unemployment, a charming downtown with great custom clothing & most of all the PEOPLE.

Never again will I consider Omaha boring or behind... it may actually be up & coming!!! Great City!
So what did you see and take in, where did you eat?

Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
My brother was stationed at Offut AFB south of Omaha and I went on a 2 week visit and I fell in love with the city and the state and it's people. Went to Lincoln for the Nebraska state fair so I got to see how beautiful your state was and those wheat fields blew me away. I was impressed by your city & state and this is coming from a city boy in Miami which has more people than the entire state of Nebraska!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM

291 posts, read 377,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebugeater View Post
So what did you see and take in, where did you eat?

We played on the giant slides at the mall, roamed through the old market, shopping at Flying Worm Vinatge and Curbside Creative, visited a giant antique mall store that my 12 year old daughter loved (not my thing), shopped for upscale clothes for my 15 year old at McLovin Botique, took my toddler to the children's museum, ate at Jazz A Louisana Kitchen, Zio's NY style Pizzeria, visited the stadium where the college world stadium takes place & the Joslyn Art Museum. Not to mention we hit several Starbucks with friendly baristas............

Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
It is, positively beautiful and I really do love it! Within the next month or so, all of the fall colors are going to be here and I can't wait, lol. We had maybe a week of pretty hot weather, but the rest has been smooth sailing--and I'm even looking forward to winter and the snow
Is the cost of living in Iron Mountain much lower than Omaha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: