Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,246 times

Advertisements

I have been spending lots of time in school and working full-time, I refuse to be like the people that sit in their living rooms dreaming up silly ideas of how to hate the city they live in instead of taking notice of all the great things going on..

I will advice the people that have made up their mind to hate the city no matter how much progress this city has made in every category, and by saying every category I mean beyond most other cities in america, my advice that it may be time for you to go to the greener pastures that you have made in your mind, because quite frankly, this world has so much negativity that it's hard for me to imagine why anyone would stay in a city that they clearly cannot stand.

I for one have lived in several cities, and have found that Omaha economically, culturely, artistically (music, festivals, performing arts, etc), standard of living, education, roads, traffic, great jobs fighting for people, friendliness of people, great sporting events, great concerts, great colleges and universities, really good retail in all phases, billions of dollars of urban renewal, new and proposed skyscrapers, per capita millionaires and billionaires, population gain, location, wired fiber-optics, and many more far exceed most metropolitan areas in the nation...

I spoke to somebody at work, and she said she hated Omaha and she cannot wait to leave, and I ask her 'what does OMaha not have that makes you want to leave?' She stuttered and said 'I used to live next to the mountains and I have a need to snow ski everyday' In response I said, Omaha has all the great things a great city has, and your dependant on snow skiing?

This is the type of thing I am speaking of, if you hate the city then you need to have a 'real' good reason to, or you need to move to your greener pastures, because I then told her 'if you need to snow ski everyday, and that is what will make you happy, then your misery will only continue here' she has not spoke to me ever since, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM

98 posts, read 395,022 times
Smile nice to see you back..

I am still farely new to cd and trying to catch up on all the old posts. In doing so, I read many of your previous posts' and noticed that I havn't seen any on the newer threads.

I completely agree with you, tho. I am fond believer that if you are not happy, whether it be in your city, job, etc., then move on and stop complaining. As you probably know, most that sit around and complain and negate the city or job, will be unhappy no matter where they are. I understand someone who says, I love the ocean and want to move back to Cali or some other coast state/city, or I love the mountains bcs I enjoy hiking and grew up doing that- Omaha cannot offer mountains or oceans. So to them I say, "move, do what makes you happy and enjoy life". But for someone to complain about Omaha and say the city doesn't offer anything or they are bored, well then they will be bored and unhappy most anywhere they are.

My parents are from Omaha/Council Bluffs, my parents tried different states then back to Nebraska they came. I was born and raised as were most of my 7 older siblings. One of my sisters joined the navy back in the mid/late 80's and has lived in many other states and countries. She now resides in FL and other than the beach, she cannot wait to move. She misses NE bcs we experience 4 seasons and her favorite is fall. I think when she retires in Feb 08, that her and her family will be moving to NC bcs she will experience seasons and have access to beaches.

Life is full circle. Do what you want to make yourself happy, but don't sit around and complain and be negative as it only brings the people around down and no-one wants to be around a NEGATIVE NANCY!!!

So to all of you who 'hate' Omaha and or NE - "get to steppin' and stop complainin' cuz those of us who like/love it here are tired of hearing it"!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 PM

46 posts, read 239,456 times
i hated omaha when i lived there. i moved in may of 2006 and can't wait to go back this summer.

it's a great city.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM

98 posts, read 395,022 times
What makes you think that you will like it now? Just curious...

Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I have been spending lots of time in school and working full-time, I refuse to be like the people that sit in their living rooms dreaming up silly ideas of how to hate the city they live in instead of taking notice of all the great things going on..

Hi! I still visit this forum occasionally. Going to NE in mid-Dec to visit the relatives.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 AM

46 posts, read 239,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedWithOutChildren View Post
What makes you think that you will like it now? Just curious...
I've been back visiting it a few times. Obviously as a 15 year old kid, it's given that I will hate wherever I live haha...

But as I've lived somewhere else for a couple years, I am realizing all the qualities Omaha has that I took for granted. For example, as a musician, the local scene there was awesome...there is no scene where I live now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha