Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 PM

147 posts, read 259,164 times

Advertisements

McDonnell is a buffoon. It is long since past time for the Mayor to fire the incompetent boob and throw him out on the street! Enough already!

Mayor: Investigation could lead to McDonnell's firing | Politics - KETV Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
If I remember correctly the mayor offered him $10,500/month for retirement and he turned it down because he wanted one sentence added to the paper work? It's obvious who the moron is in this negotiation.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,873 times
McDonnell needs to go. He acts like a bully who tries to shake down people.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
McDonnell needs to go. He acts like a bully who tries to shake down people.
How is McDonnell the bully? If I'm not mistaken, it was Stothert who decided she was going to trash his job performance in the media while simultaneously ordering him to not do any interviews (read: defend himself with facts).

Do you think Stothert is a bully?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
How is McDonnell the bully? If I'm not mistaken, it was Stothert who decided she was going to trash his job performance in the media while simultaneously ordering him to not do any interviews (read: defend himself with facts).

Do you think Stothert is a bully?

Mc Donnell (who runs the Fire Union which is thanks to McDonnell nothing more than a pressure group at this point

got what he wanted and then got greedy

and no, I just think she is making some tough and "controversial decisions"

btw, the only reason a lot of people don't like Stothert is cause she is a conservative woman.

I would bet u that if Stothert had a D next to her political party name and not a R, the left wouldn't be viciously attacking her.

the attacks on her by many are cause she is a conservative woman.

btw, conservative women are hated by the so called "tolerant" left cause they don't fit the left's stereotype of how a woman should be politically.

btw, Mc Donnell should learn to compromise and deal with a little less like we are all are having to in this Obama-nation economy

even the OPS school board (which finally has a comptent president after decades of shady behavior on the OPS board and 8 other members who aren't enablers of corruption or useful idiots

last week are cutting back on wasteful spending and being more financially responsible

so why cant McDonnell compromise? simple, cause he is a selfish bully type who only cares about himself

Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Mc Donnell (who runs the Fire Union which is thanks to McDonnell nothing more than a pressure group at this point
Wrong, dude. LeClair is the union president. As part of management, McDonnell cannot even legally be a part of the fire union. Also, the union exists to negotiate on behalf of its members, so they are a pressure group in a sense. You see something wrong with that?

Quote:
got what he wanted and then got greedy
Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't paid that much attention) but isn't it still disputed as to exactly what it was that caused the holdup with the agreement.

Quote:
and no, I just think she is making some tough and "controversial decisions"
There is nothing "tough" about trashing someone in the media, and then using your power of public office to prevent them from defending themselves. That's pretty much the textbook definition of being a bully.

Quote:
On a side note, what motivation do you feel Stothert had to do that? Could it possibly be because Stothert knew that the story she was selling to the media was not true and McDonnell would have called her out on it if she didn't gag him?

btw, the only reason a lot of people don't like Stothert is cause she is a conservative woman.

I would bet u that if Stothert had a D next to her political party name and not a R, the left wouldn't be viciously attacking her.

the attacks on her by many are cause she is a conservative woman.
I won't deny that there are those who are intensely partisan and dislike Stothert for her political affiliation, just the same as many did with Suttle because he was a Democrat. That said, I have a handful of major reasons to dislike her, and none of it has to do with the letter she wears next to her name.

Quote:
btw, conservative women are hated by the so called "tolerant" left cause they don't fit the left's stereotype of how a woman should be politically.
This is just nonsense. If you knew anything about political science, you'd know that feminism and liberalism go hand in hand.

Quote:
btw, Mc Donnell should learn to compromise and deal with a little less like we are all are having to in this Obama-nation economy
McDonnell did compromise. He was willing to retire from a job he wanted to hold for several more years in exchange for ensuring that none of his firefighters were laid off. Conversely, the Mayor and the City Council set the city budget, not McDonnell.

Quote:
so why cant McDonnell compromise? simple, cause he is a selfish bully type who only cares about himself
So the guy who was gagged by his political rival and was willing to give up his job to save the careers of his subordinates is a selfish bully?

Lolz.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 AM

so u are saying bosco it is wrong for a woman to be a conservative?

u said feminism and liberalism go hand in hand

isn't that being a bit narrow-minded that saying woman and minorities must be liberal politically

Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
so u are saying bosco it is wrong for a woman to be a conservative?
Not at all what I said. I'm not even sure how you came to that conclusion.

Quote:
u said feminism and liberalism go hand in hand isn't that being a bit narrow-minded that saying woman and minorities must be liberal politically
Again, not what I said. You've made multiple posts claiming that liberals don't like "strong" women and I'm simply pointing out that is nonsense as liberalism (you know, the whole "strong and independent woman" thing) is closely linked to liberalism. In fact, feminism and conservatism are diametrically opposed concepts on the core level.

And I never said women and minorities "must" be politically liberal. It just happens that way because the current brand of conservatism is openly hostile to both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha