Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,570 times

Advertisements

I want to know if anybody out there went to the original Peanut Island in Omaha that was on Deere Park? My grandfather started it, and my father continued with it til the early 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,710 times
I went there every Friday with my grandparents. We would have a blast sliding on the dance floor in our socks and playing the jukebox until my mom picked us up at 9pm.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,131 times
I loved that place. I went there often with my dad when I was a little girl. I think the only reason I could go in was because the bartender, Carrie, was a woman. They had those continuous cloth hand towel dispensers in the bathroom and they were always filthy, lol.

Old 08-31-2023, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 523 times
In early 1976, my beautiful auburn-haired girlfriend and I discovered Peanut Island. The dark and quiet atmosphere of the seemingly huge tavern with an island-shaped bar surrounded by full-sized shuffleboard tables provided the perfect setting to get to know each other — just me, my date, and Carrie the bartender. On weeknights, Carrie would turn the TV on to ‘The Tonight Show’ with Johnny Carson as she ate her big bowl of ice cream. On Saturday, she reluctantly let us watch the brand new ‘Saturday Night Live’ while she ate her big bowl of ice cream. Peanut Island was a wonderful experience for us! Now, 47 years later, my beautiful auburn-haired girlfriend turned wife and I watch ‘Saturday Night Live’ while eating our bowls of ice cream — with fond memories of Peanut Island. Thanks for the memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: