Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:57 AM

737 posts, read 1,917,109 times

Advertisements

Well.....Well .......Well...........

Omaha had to come out of the shadows and get into the Limelight on the BLM, and No Peace No Justice protests.

On 7/8/2016 about 1,000 so called protesters came out and did their little march on the good citizens of Omaha. Disrupting traffic,yelling curse words at the police, and playing to the media cameras.

I seen on the news that they were chanting "No justice No peace" what does that really mean to Omaha?

Please someone explain this to me..........

Also seen them taunting the riot squad in front of the Burger King who were mustering up for possible
violence ....Thank God that did not happen.

I really don't understand this mentality here in Omaha. Are things so bad here?

And last question.........How is a protest like this really going to change things, what is the point? Is it a clean way of yelling at the police without getting arrested?

What do they hope to accomplish?

One more thing not one person there was in support of the Police, one day after the shooting in Dallas.

So all I seen was a hateful group of people just trying to be disruptive.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 12:04 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
All life matters...good civil behaviour matters...controlling yourself and raising your children so they can survive matters....teaching your kids proper values and having a spiritual life matters.... Cops almost never kill normal well behaved people....If I wanted my life not to matter I could take a butter knife and go into the intersection and start screaming....then I would be most likely disposed of - because I no longer thought I mattered.

We do not need an updated version of hateful Black Panthers....if black activists want to be famous....latch on to something valuable and real such as an education and being responsible for the children you bring into the world....

This is all about equality crap...we are not all equal...and those who get shot by cops whether they are black or white are simply dumb....and yes the stupid in our society matter and perhaps we should babysit our weaker members because they can end up getting shot....?

Old 07-09-2016, 03:54 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,941 times
I don't think the picture with the police in the riot gear really represents the entire tone of the evening. There were police offers giving bubbles to children, protesters giving roses to police officers and officers joining in during "hands up don't shoot chants."

I think the protest was a way for people to show that they are frustrated and that they care about what is happening around the country. I think the police did a good job of creating a inclusive space too, which seems to be a big problem elsewhere.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,648 times
I watched it on the news and it looked like about 200 people not 1000 reported by the media. The media always hypes up the crowd to get more viewers.

I have also watched other BLM gatherings in other cities and the news people go to the site 1 hour ahead of the scheduled time and no one is there and then 15 mins before it's to start the school buses full of demonstrators arrive. Several hours later, you can see the people getting back on the buses and they all leave. I can't say it happened in Omaha because the local news did not scan the larger parking lots to the West to see in their were big yellow buses parked there.

Another interesting thing that was obvious on the news, 90% of the demonstrators were white, very few black. Now, I heard that BLM is exclusive to blacks only. So was BLM even in Omaha, other then a few inciters shipped in from Chicago or Atlanta.

How many people know that community organizers put all of these together and are paid by some very rich people to do it. How do I know this, because I have family members that travel the country and do this for a living, they also work for SEIU. They did the 99%, minimum wage, and now the BLM demonstrations together. They hire the leaders and pay all expenses like transportation and lodging.

BTW Omaha has had race riots before in the early 70's that was extremely violent.

Most Omaha residents will just ignore the whole thing and go about their daily lives.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:45 AM

737 posts, read 1,917,109 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRB4faMU7o

I wish the Omaha protesters can understand this.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:23 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,648 times
What all BLM backers need to understand is that there is a few people that are using them to accomplish their goals and agenda's not the BLM agendas. The main stream media will not report this because these puppet masters have influence over the media.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:26 PM

8,088 posts, read 15,163,899 times
The whole thing is one giant astroturf:

‘Hawaii’s George Soros’: The Hidden Donor Funding The Illegal Immigration, #BlackLivesMatter Activists

And while a Soros spokesman denies funding it...

O'Reilly Discusses 'Black Lives Matter' Funding, Including Soros and Supporters Jay-Z and Beyoncé

... it's exactly the sort of thing the Tides Foundation has often backed. NB: Soros has openly stated that he wants to bring down Western Europe; what about America?

As Milo often says, the main thing BLM accomplishes is black cities in flames.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:31 PM

38 posts, read 48,336 times
My 2c:

Omaha had the most hateful, anti-white, aggressive black folks I've ever had the displeasure of sharing a city with.

Omaha = extremely segregated

Old 07-26-2016, 10:07 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
weird that BLM

don't care that Planned Parenthood murders unborn black children (PP was started by a racist named Margaret Sanger

nor does the BLM crowd seem to protest all the violence in Democrat controlled Chicago

hmmm...

Old 10-14-2016, 09:35 PM

147 posts, read 268,799 times
"weird that BLM
don't care that Planned Parenthood murders unborn black children (PP was started by a racist named Margaret Sanger
nor does the BLM crowd seem to protest all the violence in Democrat controlled Chicago
hmmm..."

So far as the racist and murderers comment......this is an opinion and not fact since I would say Margaret Sanger was much more recognized as a feminist, and not a racist(which history shows, even though far right anti aborition activists try to claim otherwise). Since more anglo children are "aborted", that would make it an equal opportunity situation since very few women want to really choose this route. It is more a lack of options and I would say a financial or specific relationship situation.

Another thing I can say about this is that there are wayyyy more protests in Chicago than in Omaha.....and yes, Omaha is quite a segregated city, as is Chicago to a large degree, just as most other large cities seem to be considering few of them recognize or admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha