Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 PM

46 posts, read 143,420 times

Advertisements

I need help, what are the benifits and non benifits of living in dundee or midtown i live in millard and i have completley fallen in luv with dundee, isn't dundee a very safe low crime area, so could someone help like DTO_luv or Star_gazer, please help , sorry luv the smileys,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times
A lot will come down to do you want an Urban or Suburban enviornment... Dundee and places east (midtown and downtown) will give you Urban and Omaha is redeveloping a great Urban enviornment... areas west of 72nd (Millard, etc) will give you the Suburban experience... Dundee is a great little place with lots of character... midtown will be seeing a lot of redevelopment with Destination Midtown and the Mutual construction that's going on... Downtown has a lot of great condo options available at all price ranges and the services to support urban living (like grocery stores) are coming into downtown.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Well i live in millard and i luv dundee and i just neeed some help figuring out things, and I luv the urban feel, how it can be modern snd historic at the same time, and thanks you were a great help, any more ideas

Old 06-26-2008, 04:32 PM

Since you decided Urban then question is do you want an older home with character (e.g. Dundee) or do you want condo style living (e.g. Downtown)....

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM

I defenetly want something with its own character something unique i like the modern condos but i would have to lean to the more older historic homes like dundee

Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 PM

You must know alot about omaha you seem like you have the whole place memorized,

Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Take a look at this link to the UNO Neighborhood Center (broken link)...

Also look at this link to City's Neighborhood's page and specifically look at the table on the bottom right... it provides a list of the various neighborhoods with links to that neighborhood association's website... great resource as you try to thing thru the various neighborhoods.

Remember also that Midtown is getting ready to change so look into Destination Midtown to understand those redevelopment plans.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM

Ok thanks you were a great help Those websites wre a great help very interesting so once again tyhanks A TON!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,383 times
I live and Dundee and I love it ..There is two Houses in my block for sale 50th and Hamilton check the difference in prices and styles that what I love about Dundee

Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeeluver View Post
Ok thanks you were a great help Those websites wre a great help very interesting so once again tyhanks A TON!!!!!!!!!
Dundee isn't the only cool area in the midtown section of Omaha - but it is one of the nicest.

Happy Hollow, Gold Coast, Bemis Park & Country Club areas are all nice too.

Downtown is going to give you an entirely different feel than midtown.

One thing about Dundee is that the price of houses is pretty high, as well as taxes. Of course, the people living there obviously don't mind, because it's a very nice area.

Good luck hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha