Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent_Thinker84_ View Post
Stacy from Cali!! Whew...thank God you are on this blog!! You seem to be the only person I've read encountered on a blog about this place (Nebraska/Omaha) that speaks the truth and is educated!!! I'm so glad you are on here to speak my mind almost perfectly and state exactly what is running through my mind when I read people's responses to comments that are negative about Omaha/Nebraska. The fact is, that they are not willing to open their mind up to reality. They should get out of the region, and travel and experience our amazing country that has so much more to offer!! You really hit all the points right on the head!! Especially about newcomers arriving to Omaha and what it is really like. It is sad that this place has turned out this way, and that people can be so closed-minded and unwilling to interact or socialize with others, especially those from "somewhere else". It's just very unfortunate that this town/state have developed in this way. I am SOOO anxious to move, and can't wait to get accepted to more Graduate Schools!! I've applied to several and have gotten into 3 so far!! Denver University, Seton Hall University and the University of Miami!
Wow, congrats on all your success! Even more, congrats on making it to the top of that pedestal you’re standing on. I hope it fits in your car when you leave here.

Us close minded, uneducated inbreeds will just sit here in Omaha wishing we were more like you. I think I will start with venturing to the Wichita, KS forums and degrade them for not living in a city with same culture and amenities as NYC.

Good luck kiddo, you high school kids sure are getting smarter these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM

14 posts, read 49,250 times
Wow...paranoid delusional rantings, wow.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:11 PM

I guess you don't realize that Graduate School comes after College. That would make me much older than a high school kid, just to break it down for ya' farmer brown.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Not to mention that I graduated college years ago, and have been working since then

Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Wow...paranoid delusional rantings, wow.
How ironic you should choose the word delusional.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't realize that Graduate School comes after College. That would make me much older than a high school kid, just to break it down for ya' farmer brown.
I'm sorry, with all the sniffling and crying in your original post I must not have read it closely enough.

Good luck with your acceptance into more schools. I'm sure rubbing those acceptance letters in people's faces will help you fit in and make friends.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM

109 posts, read 257,102 times
For someone in graduate school you make very broad generalized arguments about about people who live in a metro area that is almost 800,000 people. I know that is not very big, because you have told us it is not, but it is big enough to have people with many different view points and educational levels. I think you should look at the demographics given on this excellent website and compare Omaha's demos to other metro areas. I learned to do this in my undergraduate studies and I learned how to make reasoned arguments in law school, I learned about other cultures by traveling and living in other places. Sorry you have met the people you have in Omaha, but your reasoning is flawed and I hope your thesis paper is not on this subject.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
I am sure we all realize that, even those of us who only have college educations but did not attend Grad School. Could it be your attitude that makes you sound like a high schooler??? Or maybe people living in Omaha are all just redneck, cowboys like those living here in NW Arkansas have pick up trucks on our front lawn and we marry our cousins..?? We will have to start reading if we expect to keep up with you when you get accepted into the next grad school. Be sure and let us know which one you choose, I am sure you will have several to choose from..In the meanwhile maybe you could learn the meaning of the word humble or the word, modesty.

I do have to add one more comment, would you care to share with us all the places you have lived and visited throughout our country? How about the rest of the world? Would you believe some of us have experienced 10 times more than you have. This doesn't mean we can not enjoy the simpler things in life as well?

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 02-24-2009 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Anyone else find it funny that such a self proclaimed enlightened and educated person doesn't know the difference between a blog and a forum?

Me thinks we have a bull****ter on our hands.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Anyone else find it funny that such a self proclaimed enlightened and educated person doesn't know the difference between a blog and a forum?

Me thinks we have a bull****ter on our hands.
yeah, that poster is probably just a troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha