Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Because when I posted it, they were actually closed!!!!!
Yes, I know that. While what you said was factually correct, I (and just about everyone else who reads it) saw that you posted that with the intention of making it look like you affected the outcome. If you were entirely honest, you would have made note of their move to the new location or the fact that this had been in the works for months.

Quote:
You posted your BS cause your this big hater on these boards. What a big shot you must be. A big shot hater, joining the OPD!!!
If by "big hater" you mean "someone who calls out annoying posters who misrepresent the status of local, well respected businesses to further their own agenda" then I'd say the answer is yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,295 times
Surf, I heard the reason AIG and Citi Bank had so many problems was because of your negative publicity. Keep up the good fight.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Surf, I heard the reason AIG and Citi Bank had so many problems was because of your negative publicity. Keep up the good fight.
LMAO!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,662,881 times
Quote:
From what I heard, Surf has been protesting outside Rosenblatt Stadium the last couple years. Lo and behold, it's going to be closed!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:09 PM

I think he did some painting at the old Butternut Building.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:20 PM

226 posts, read 1,007,707 times
Quote:
Hmm, I love Zio's. I eat there all the time and they treat me great!

And your car hood should not just "flop" open while you are driving. "Tommy Boy" was not based on a true story.
Actually, it depends on how fast he was going and how much wind gets trapped under the hood. There is just a small latch in place to keep it from flying up and with enough wind force that latch can be compromised. I once forgot to shut the hood all the way on my 2002 Ford Focus and when I was going 80 mph down 480 (I was running late for work) my hood flew up and shattered my windshield into like a million pieces and even dented the hood of the car and broke off my antenna. I'm lucky that's all that happened because If the windshield had caved in I might not be here today to tell about it, but thankfully it didn't. Nowadays I always make sure the hood is properly shut on any car I'm driving and I try to not drive as fast.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCiEtY's ReBel View Post
Actually, it depends on how fast he was going and how much wind gets trapped under the hood. There is just a small latch in place to keep it from flying up and with enough wind force that latch can be compromised. I once forgot to shut the hood all the way on my 2002 Ford Focus and when I was going 80 mph down 480 (I was running late for work) my hood flew up and shattered my windshield into like a million pieces and even dented the hood of the car and broke off my antenna. I'm lucky that's all that happened because If the windshield had caved in I might not be here today to tell about it, but thankfully it didn't. Nowadays I always make sure the hood is properly shut on any car I'm driving and I try to not drive as fast.
"Well, you can't latch the hood too well if you don't take the can out you no selling waste of space! I sware to god you're worthless!" - Tommy Boy

Seriously though, picturing that is pretty funny (since you're not hurt or anything)

Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM

226 posts, read 1,007,707 times
Quote:
"Well, you can't latch the hood too well if you don't take the can out you no selling waste of space! I sware to god you're worthless!" - Tommy Boy

Seriously though, picturing that is pretty funny (since you're not hurt or anything)
Yea, it actually was pretty funny. I'm older now and have a kid now and I look back at a lot of the stupid sh%t i did and I'm thinking to myself why the hell did I do that? But I guess you gotta learn somehow...

Old 06-20-2009, 02:20 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,066 times
Just another update on the despicable business known as Zio's. The Old Market location is STILL closed. Looks like they will miss all the CWS customers! LOL Did I mention Zio's in the Old Market is horribly mismanaged? I think I did!!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Just another update on the despicable business known as Zio's. The Old Market location is STILL closed. Looks like they will miss all the CWS customers! LOL Did I mention Zio's in the Old Market is horribly mismanaged? I think I did!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the new location already opened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha