Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,662,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
You don't need to insult him, insulting him won't change anything, you'll just be stirring the pot.
It's a joke. I think you'd know that. Lighten up.

Feel free to post pictures of me, that everybody knows is not me, all day long.

Here, I'll even start you out...
http://www.hcoa.org/images/broadwick/8_MustacheGrimace_1993.JPG (broken link)

Last edited by Omaha Rocks; 04-25-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,066 times
This could be fun!

Photo uploaded on April 25, 2009 - The Omaha Gay Village (http://omahagayvillage.ning.com/photo/photo/show?id=2016236%3APhoto%3A1961 - broken link)

Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
It's a joke. I think you'd know that. Lighten up.

Feel free to post pictures of me, that everybody knows is not me, all day long.

Here, I'll even start you out...
Way off on the age, ha ha!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,662,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Way off on the age, ha ha!
Yeah, that guy has at least 5 years on me.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,784 times
I said earlier that I had to second guess Surf's intentions because of his gay activism. That's probably unfair. It's probably OK to be skeptical but to dismiss him outright is not.

Soooo...

Surf,
1) Was the employee involved with the withheld check gay?
2) Do you have any issues with the management/owners of Zios because of their political or social beliefs/positions?
3) What test was the employee being told to take?
4) Was the test a requirement of the job?
5) Had the employee neglected taking the test when he/she had been told to take it previously?

Old 04-25-2009, 05:42 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,154 times
How in the hell does the fact that the employee is gay have any bearing on it??

You can ask whether or not the employee was treated unfairly without knowing whether he is gay or not.

You simply cannot separate issues. Every issue that involves a gay person is related to that person's "gayness."

Would you ask someone who wasn't gay who got fired the same questions? No! You would ask #3 thru #5. Then if there were questions, you would ask if there are "other" issues.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:55 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,784 times
Matt, I took you off ignore long enough to see if this was the umpteenth time you've replied to one of my messages after you were placed on ignore. It was. It's getting a little creepy. What's worse is you're beginning to troll.

I reviewed your posting behavior because of it and it's been well over 6 months since you've even posted outside of the Nebraska/Omaha forum yet you're now replying to my posts outside these threads. You're obviously trolling and have an unhealthy obsession with my views. Go see a doctor, get some help, and put me on ignore.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:00 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,154 times
No unhealthy view.

Just like you viewed my "posting behavior" I viewed yours. When i did I saw that you spew this garbage on every single threat you go to!

I'm not the troll! You inject this anti-gay hate talk in every discussion you are involved with.

Further, its the flipping internet! It takes all of 1 millisecond for me to post in another thread. Clearly I have problems when I'm willing to go to the unbelievable work of clicking my mouse!

And i'm not putting you on ignore. You are posting this garbage in the Omaha and Nebraska thread and I want to let everyone reading these threads know that most in Omaha and Nebraska do not prescribe to your hateful ideology.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,751 times
I don't really see how matt is trolling by posting on another forum/thread, even if it has been a while since he has posted elsewhere. Just because he hasn't posted elsewhere doesn't mean he doesn't follow other threads. Perhaps he finally felt compelled to post. If he made replies specifically to your posts - and only your posts - on every single thread you were on, then I could see how there might be a problem. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I do agree with your questions #3 - 5, though. I was wondering those same things. I don't understand what this test is and why the employee had to retake it. The only reason to retake a test would seem to be if one failed it, and what kind of test could someone fail at a pizza restaurant???

Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I said earlier that I had to second guess Surf's intentions because of his gay activism. That's probably unfair. It's probably OK to be skeptical but to dismiss him outright is not.

Soooo...

Surf,
1) Was the employee involved with the withheld check gay? Like I've said before, the employee is me!!! Reread the thread I said!
2) Do you have any issues with the management/owners of Zios because of their political or social beliefs/positions? I have issues with mismanagament's mismanagement on a variety of levels!!!
3) What test was the employee being told to take? A job knowledge test, taken back in Nov. then again in April. I was told to take the test off the clock the second time. They wanted me retake it again, I refused, so they held the paycheck. I'm an hourly worker. No more freebies for Zio's. No one else has been required to retake the test.
4) Was the test a requirement of the job? Well, duh!
5) Had the employee neglected taking the test when he/she had been told to take it previously? I was told to take it off the clock previously!
My answers are in bold!

PS: I picketed again tonight 7pm-8:30pm. ZERO police calls this time! LOL!!!!!! 5 police calls total yesterday over 2 1hr picket periods. I wonder what this will do to their liquor license?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha