Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 46,391 times

Advertisements

I am a transit enthusiast and I am wondering if anyone in Omaha can help me out or are familiar with MAT's fleet. I am planning on coming up to Omaha next month to teach a business management seminar, however, I would like to check out MAT's 93xx and 94xx series buses on my spare time. These are 1993 and 1994 Flxible Metro buses, which were rehabbed a couple years ago. I am interested in seeing these buses on the streets. Anyone know which series I am talking about and which routes would they be most common on? If I have time I would like to ride them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,516,992 times
We have buses?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:42 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,873,251 times
These are our city buses

Old 04-22-2009, 04:16 PM

8 posts, read 46,391 times
lol funny! I too prefer driving my car over riding a bus, but I am just asking a simple question. I was hoping someone from Omaha, who is familiar with MAT can help me with this. Oh well, I arranged for a visit to MAT facility to see these particular buses and will ask questions there.

There are many bus, aviation, and rail fans out there and I am one of them.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,873,251 times
Sorry, I can't help you with an answer. I thought by "FlexiBus" you meant the style which has two partitions and flexes around corners. (Which Omaha has none of) I didn't realize that is a manufacturers brand name. Good luck though!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:29 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,567,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-intuition View Post
lol funny! I too prefer driving my car over riding a bus, but I am just asking a simple question. I was hoping someone from Omaha, who is familiar with MAT can help me with this. Oh well, I arranged for a visit to MAT facility to see these particular buses and will ask questions there.

There are many bus, aviation, and rail fans out there and I am one of them.
Yeah, I think you made the right choice in arranging a visit to the MAT facility.

The only thing I know about the Omaha MAT buses is that they're always in the way - either slowing or stopping traffic - and that there NEVER seems to be more than 2-3 people on them.

And that leads my to my own personal opinion, that being that some SERIOUS improvements need to be made.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,513,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yeah, I think you made the right choice in arranging a visit to the MAT facility.

The only thing I know about the Omaha MAT buses is that they're always in the way - either slowing or stopping traffic - and that there NEVER seems to be more than 2-3 people on them.

And that leads my to my own personal opinion, that being that some SERIOUS improvements need to be made.

true there needs to be more improvements and routes (non-express) out in west omaha and in sarpy county

as for there NEVER seems to be more than 2-3 people on them.

I have ridden this week, the 4 and 8 and 2 buses and there is about half dozen to a dozen or more people on the buses when I rode them.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM

BTW:

they need to have a regular bus route for elkhorn

or a bus route between 168th and maple and 168th and center

going 7 days a week

Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
These are our city buses
wasnt that bus in the movie CARS?

Old 04-23-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
We have buses?
not for sapry county, unless it is a express bus

dont hold your breath seeing a non-express route to hwy 370 and 72nd street

or a non-express route to cabela's area near 126th and giles

there are 2 express buses for sarpy county if my memory serves me right

and they only run during a couple of times monday-friday

the 93 express has Service to Downtown Omaha, Mutual of Omaha, Ralston, LaVista and Papillion.

http://metroareatransit.com/pdf/93Map300dpiGRY_Nov2008.pdf (broken link)

the 95 express has Service to Downtown Omaha, Southroads, Downtown Bellevue, Bellevue Plaza and Bellevue University.

http://metroareatransit.com/pdf/95map300dpi_M.pdf (broken link)

BTW the 94 is basically the express version of the 15 route

and the 96 is basically the express version of the 55 route

oh, there is the 48 that goes down near Bryan High area

but the 48 dont run on saturday or sundays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha